🍬 • 0 - 7 • 🍬

Slowly, I reopened my eyes.

Looking around, I had IVs, wires, machines, and everything plugged in on me. Who knows the amount of medication they decided to force down my throat while I was unconscious.

Next to me, sat Kaede, Kaito, and Miu.

Not really what I expected.

I sat up more, in which the bed moved a bit. The movement woke Kaede right up.

"S-shuichi..?" She looked at me, her eyes still clearly showing signs of her being tired.

I gave a soft smile, and Kaede smiled back, but quickly her smile laced back to concern.

A doctor walked inside.

If I could remember right, his name was Doctor Hinata.

The man sat down next to me, looking at my face. "Hello, Shuichi! I'm Hajime Hinata. Please, just call me Hajime. And over there, is Nagito Komaeda."

The boy at the doorway waved a bit, making a silent comment about trash.

"Can you please tell me what happened, Shuichi?"

"Uh. Pain?"

"More details, preferably-" Hajime gave a small reassuring laugh.

"Well. I felt pain at my finger, and next second I was knocked out, I guess."

"Hm... Maybe..."

Nagito spoke up. "Excuse trash like me for interrupting, but by any chance Shuichi, do you still have your string?"

My string?

Oh right, the soulmate thing that happened as we came out of the simulation.

That was new to me, but apparently it has always been a thing.

I looked to my finger, which had nothing there.

As if my string had never existed.

A small ragged end.

My soulmate cut the string.