🍬 • 1 - 5 • 🍬

Shuichi looked at Kokichi, for any signs of a lie, but the small boy looked super serious. So serious it was almost...

Scary..

"You...?" Shuichi started. How embarrassing would it be if Shuichi went 'yeah' or 'ily2' and Kokichi turned out to be lying.

Slowly, Kokichis straight face, started to snicker with a small smile. Then, Kokichi just laughed. Shuichi felt his face reddening.

"Wow, Shuichi! You should see how red you are, it's kinda funny to be honest!" Kokichi poked at Shuichi's arm, and Shuichi sighed.

"Thank goodness you were lying."

Kokichi paused, his eyes meeting Shuichi's. "Lying?"

"Yeah, right? I mean, I don't really feel the s-same back afterall.."

"Oh."

The two boys remained silent for a moment.

Awkward.

Silence.

Hurts.

"You okay?" Shuichi asked.

Kokichi looked over, "Yeah? It just got slightly awkward. Good job."

The the door reopened, with doctors rushing in and Rantaro behind them.

Kokichi stood up, brushing his legs. "A bit too late, don't you think?"

A security guard frowned, Akane. "Come on, Ouma. Gotta bring you for some testing."

"Ooo! Testing! I loveee testing!" Kokichi did a small jump and skipped towards Akane. Then, they left the room. Rantaro and Shuichi leftover.

"What happened?" Rantaro asked. "He was like.. broken when I left?"

Shuichi smiled. "I guess he got better."

"Hopefully so. That kid better get better." Rantaro stated, rubbing his neck with his hand.

"I hope he will be okay."

"It's Kokichi. He doesn't give up. A persistent motherfucker, ya' know?"

Shuichi nodded.

Kokichi will be okay sooner or later.

And Shuichi would make a silent promise to be there until Kokichi is.