🍬 • 4 - 1 • 🍬

This is the halfway point of the book.

82 canon chapters, with a plus ten or so non-canon chapters.

This is the mid point.

How does everyone feel?

Knowing you read half of the canon timeline of this book?

Let's get softness.

Shuichi watched as Kokichi skipped ahead the two of them.

The boy, with so much energy, who had no clue where they were going, was just ahead.

Shuichi had to smile.

Watching the way Kokichi bounced, and the little rainbow pins he placed in his hair.

How the bright colors of Kokichi's outfit was the only noticeable thing Shuichi could truly see.

From the bright white jacket, the rainbow puffed out sleeves it had. The black ripped jeans, and bright green shirt. Rainbow pins, and cat stickers on Kokichi's face. Everything screamed childish.

An outfit Shuichi would never expect to see Kokichi in, but here Kokichi was, jumping in his rainbow glowing sketchers, and bright colorful outfit, rocking it like has been rocking it his entire life.

"What? Am I some type of eye candy for you, Shumai?" Kokichi called out.

Shuichi snapped out his thoughts seen how Kokichi had turned his body, his arms resting behind his head, and walking backwards. "I-i'm sorry. I just, never expected to see you in something so colorful."

"You know, Beloved. I like colors. I don't only like shades." Kokichi pointed out.

"Shades?" Shuichi questioned.

Kokichi looked at Shuichi, with such a confused face.

After a few moments, Kokichi sighed in defeat, "And I thought you were smart."

Shuichi laughed a bit, "I understand, Kokichi."

"Do you really?" Kokichi gave a small smirk to Shuichi.

Did...

Did Kokichi really see Shuichi's lie?

"Yes, I do." Shuichi said again.

Kokichi huffed, "I guess I should believe you, since I should trust you and all! Of course, I will always think the Detective, protagonist to the killing game, always tells the truth!"

Kokichi visibly swooned, before opening his eyes very slightly, "Is what I would say if I was an oblivious fucktard like the rest of them."

Shuichi rolled his eyes and laughed.

Kokichi smiled brighter when hearing Shuichi's laugh.

With that, Kokichi brought his hands towards his face, "Hey! Everyone! Call out post to Shumai Beloved! He lied to me, and my hart hasn't broke any harder!"

Shuichi was incredibly thankful that the street was empty, but even then, it was funny.

Kokichi skipped over to Shuichi, "You do know... black and white are shades, not colors, right?"

"Oh! Yeah, I do." Shuichi smacked his head in disappointment for himself, "I know that."

Kokichi laughed.

-

The park was empty.

Which was really surprising.

When Kokichi noticed it was the park, his eyes sparkled a bit, but then he looked over to Shuichi, "This is a place for kids, Shumai.."

"Aw, do you not like it?" Shuichi raised an eyebrow, and slightly pushed at Kokichis shoulder.

"I.... Hmpph. You know, I am only going to go on the playground since it would be highly rude for me not too! And I hate rude people!" Kokichi called out.

With that, Kokichi ran to the playground, climbing up high.

After a few minutes, Kokichi called Shuichi to join him.

Shuichi found himself having fun with Kokichi.

Playing tag.

Running around.

Shuichi failed at the monkey bars.

Shuichi laughed when Kokichi managed to fall off the slide, only to scream, "Fucking shitty ass slide! Wait- I'm okay- I meant!"

In total...

Today was an amazing day...

And luckily it ended with the sky dark, and Shuichi and Kokichi walking home together, hand in hand.

Back at the door, Kokichi sighed, "Thanks Shumai... That was fun..."

"Of course. Today was really nice." Shuichi smiled a bit more at Kokichi, who smiled back.

"Well... I'm going to go spam totally happy songs! Night Shushu!" Kokichi started to head inside Team Danganronpa. 

But before going inside, Kokichi turned around, "Shuichi... Please throw away the drinks, by the way. Consider it, alright?"

And then Kokichi left.

Today was amazing.