Chapter 49

The next morning Amelia found herself awake early. Glancing at her phone, it was barely 5 AM. She knew she should get up and start getting ready but she couldn't bring herself to move.

She laid there, her head on Spencer's bare chest, watching him sleep. Feeling the rise and fall of his chest, hearing his quiet exhales. She loved how peaceful he looked, with his eyes closed. His hair had gotten longer the past couple of months and it draped on his forehead, just touching his eyes. She laid like that, memorizing him, until he started to stir an hour later. When she sensed he was waking up she slipped out of bed and grabbed them two bottled coffees from the fridge, since she'd packed her coffee pot. Walking back into the room she found him running his hand through his hair, eyes squinting open.

"Morning, beautiful." He gave her a small smile, his voice still creaky with sleep.

"Morning baby" she replied, handing him the coffee. He sat up and took a long swig, looking around the room. 

"Ready to do this?"

She braced herself before nodding her head. "Let's get to it."

Two separate moving trucks arrived, one to go to DC and one to go to storage. They also had Spencer's car, and Amelia's. Amelia monitored every box, making sure the proper things went into the correct vehicles. After a few hours, most everything was squared away. She stood in the empty doorway, letting one last tear fall. Here on out, no more crying. 

She locked the door behind her and made her way downstairs. The guys with the moving trucks started to get in and leave.

"Hey, uh, could you guys hang on one second?" She shouted. They shrugged and leaned against their vehicles. 

She walked over to Spencer, holding Swoop's carrier and baby bag of food, toys, and treats. 

"Could he, uh, ride with you? I have to stop by Miranda's for a few things, I don't want to cramp him."

Spencer picked up the carrier and touched his nose to the net window. "Of course my best man can ride with me." He set the carrier securely in the front seat, wedging things around it so it wouldn't budge. 

"You can go ahead, babe. I need to talk to the movers then stop at Miranda's and I'll head down!" She said, giving him the biggest smile she could muster. 

"You sure? I don't mind waiting, and then I can just-"

"Spence, it's alright. I really won't be long, promise." He looked at her, for some reason not trusting her. That was a feeling he had never felt before, and it didn't sit well with him.

"Okay, if you're sure.. I'll see you soon." He started to get in his car before he felt her hand grab his wrist. 

"Wait" she whispered, pulling him into a hug. He could tell she wasn't crying, but her grip on him felt like steel, as if he were going to blow away in the wind. 

He chuckled. "Baby, I'll see you in a few hours."

She gave him a small smile. "I know Spence. I just.. I love you. A lot."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. "I love you Lee, always." He turned and got in his car, waving as he pulled away. 

Amelia knelt to the ground once he was out of sight, trying to steady her breathing. Black spots appeared in her vision, and she felt as if she were going to be sick. 'You're having a panic attack' the logical part of her brain was telling her. But still, she couldn't move. 

"Hey, lady, you alright?" One of the movers asked, glancing at the other guy. They went over and each grabbed an arm, gently guiding her to sit on a stair. "This happens to my daughter. Just put your head between your legs, breath. There you go."

Amelia started regaining her consciousness, slowly lifting her head. "You don't look so good, do you want me to call that guy b-"

"No, no. I'm alright. Just.. emotional day. Uh, anyway, listen.." She dug around in her purse. "Can you" she handed the man going to DC a manila envelope, "give these to my roommate, the one who is going to meet you at the address? And you," she handed the other man an envelope, "give these to my dad at the storage unit?"

The men exchanged a glance, not liking how this felt. "Lady, if you're in some kinda trouble.."

She tried to give them a laugh. "No, nothing like that. Just.. please? Make sure these get to them?" They slowly nodded before getting back in their trucks. 

Amelia jumped in her car, knowing she only had a few hours to set her plan into motion. Hiding was one thing, but hiding enough so the FBI couldn't trace her? She had to be thorough, and she had to be quick. She watched the moving trucks pull away, and sped off.

When she got to the turnpike she glanced at the southbound entrance. She thought of the life she had dreamt up in DC, the future with Spencer. Shaking her head she cleared those thoughts and flipped her blinker on, quickly speeding onto the northbound entrance, Philadelphia and the life she knew growing small behind her.

a/n

y'all my heart has been beating so hard writing chapter 45 onward BUT thank u for 8k wtf??

sorry this chapter was short but the next one is like double my normal length!!

are you ready for ch50? 👀