Author's Note

You guys must hate me by now? I know I would. Here comes another fic while some others sit untouched on my profile for months. But what can I say? When inspiration strikes you go with it. And then you get excited. And then you publish something even though a small part of your brain is telling you not to. I never listen to that small part. And this is what that brings us.

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to Breathing, the newest of my projects. I really hope you'll enjoy it and like what I have in store for my beloved Emma. Now just a small note with the basic info as usual, the story starts in season three, more specifically in the sixth episode of the third season. Will result in somewhat of a wait until we get to see the beloved Kol, but I hope you'll bare with me nonetheless, because let me tell you... It's worth the wait.

Also, as usual, I'll kindly ask for you, as my darling readers, not to demand updates. As I said above, I write as inspiration strikes me, so sometimes that will result in three chapters a day, and sometimes none for three weeks. I do apologize, and promise to write as much as possible, as frequently as I can, but I hope you won't mind a short wait here and there.

Another important fact I want to leave here is taking a second to talk about Nathaniel Buzolic. I am one of those people who, in most cases, is capable of differentiating a character from the asshole who plays said character. Because of that I'd like to state openly that, while I am writing a Kol Mikaelson fic, I am not a fan of Nathaniel Buzolic nor do I support/share/approve of any of his opinions or beliefs.

With that I leave you to go forth and enjoy. And if you do, I promise, I won't get offended if you click that little star here and there or leave a comment or two. I love interacting, so feel free to share your opinions, theories or whatever you want in the comments. Constructive critisism is also welcome. The only rule is don't be mean, to either me or to other people, that is all I ask.

I hope you enjoy,
- Eva