"Choi San! Get up! You don't want to be late for your first day of school!" He hears his mom shout as she pushes his door open

"Choi San! Get up! You don't want to be late for your first day of school!" He hears his mom shout as she pushes his door open. San groans, not wanting to get up just yet, but complies. Reluctantly, he pushes himself up into a sitting position, shivering a little when his legs touch the cold floor. 

Rubbing his eyes awake, he staggers into the bathroom, hitting his head on the frame as he does so. "Ow.." 

Once he took a shower and dressed up, he went out to the kitchen to eat breakfast. "Ooh mom! It smells good!" 

"You sure are excited to get to school darling. I cooked the usual and pancakes. Hope they give you enough energy for today." His mom answers, serving him a plate. 

"Thank you mom!" The boy says, and starts to gobble down his food. After he was done, he helped his mom clean and was checking his back to see if he forgot anything. 

"Don't forget your acceptance letter! You'll need it for registration!" 

"Ah right! Thanks mom! I'll call you when I get to the dorms!" And San was off for school. He decided to come out of the house a little earlier to check out his travel time from home to school, and that was not too bad of a decision. He could feel the soft breeze hitting him, messing up his hair a little. San liked the fact that he could appreciate the view and take in some fresh air early in the morning like this. It reminded him of his hometown. 

After a good amount of time of walking and a bus ride, he finally reached the university. He got there a little early and made his way to the admin office to get his registration done - since he knows that would take a while - with much help needed. 

After asking around with the help of some students (they were very nice), he finally made it to the office. 

"Damn, this campus is huge as fuck!" San mumbles to himself, as he walks towards the doors of the office. Taking a deep breath, he pushes the door open and greets the reception lady. 

"Hello! Good morning, I'm Choi San, a transfer student. I'd like to get registered into the system..?" The said boy drags his word out, making it sound more like a question rather than a statement. 

"Good morning to you too dear! Sure of course, I'll set it up for you, you can have a seat over there and I'll call you once I'm done with it." The lady replies, and San awkwardly nods and makes a beeline to the chairs to sit down. 

It was awfully silent; all he could hear was the sound of keyboards and occasional sounds from the printer and phone calls. He felt so out of place and started to tap his foot and drum his fingers on his thighs. 

The lady calls him back to the counter and San quickly complies, focusing on the words coming out from her mouth. "Here's your schedule for the semester and this is your homeroom class and locker number. These are your dorm keys with the room number on it and you're in block C. Since you're a dance major, just head for the Performing Arts building for all your classes." 

"Alright, thank you so much!" San thanks her, and slowly made his way to his faculty building, with the help of the signages and soon enough he's right in front of it. 

"Alright, let's get it! Don't mess up on your first day, don't mess up." San mumbles to himself like a mantra as he enters the doors of his faculty. He quickly looks on the floor as soon as he made eye contact with the students in the hallways and heard whispers, accidentally bumping into someone as he does so. 

"Woah, sorry, didn't see you there." A voice laced with concern filled his ears. 

"I-it's okay." He looks up and responds, eyes growing wide as he looked at the person in front of him as he helped him up. 

"You?!" 

---

status: edited

heyy! hope you guys are liking it so far! hope that you guys are doing great and i know that 2020 has been such a rough year, but i hope there were moments that made it better :) hope that 2021 would be a better year to look forward to & hope that everyone stays healthy & safe! happy new year everyone!! <3