십칠

The trip was soon coming to an end, and although the boys wished that it could've been longer, all of them had fun in their own ways and together the past 3 days

The trip was soon coming to an end, and although the boys wished that it could've been longer, all of them had fun in their own ways and together the past 3 days. They went sightseeing, shopping, visited a water park, amusement park; all the attractions they could possibly go to and fit into their 5-day itinerary. 

It was now the last night, and the two oldest decided to gather the other six around the campfire to enjoy the last night under the stars accompanies by the waves. They started off with their 'Secret Santa' gift exchange - a mini mission suggested by Jongho for them during this trip - before roasting their marshmallow and eating their sweet potatoes. 

"This is nice, takes my mind off of the stress from school." Wooyoung comments, and the rest hums in agreement. "Not to be sappy, but I'm happy I found you guys and I'm glad to have you guys as my friends." 

Yunho teasingly nudges his side, grinning from ear to ear. "Aw, you're not gonna get rid of us anytime soon ya know? You're stuck with us idiots for life." 

"Okay, the idiots part is subjective, but yes, I agree." Yeosang objects, earning a laugh from his friends. "Hate to break this mood but what time are we going back tomorrow?"

Seonghwa gulps down his drink quickly to answer him. "We're checking out at twelve, and we'll take the train back at four. We have some time to spare to do some last minute stuff." 

The boys finally call it a night, and they all head back in and went into their separate rooms to get their beauty sleep. 

As soon as San settled down on the bed, Wooyoung pops the question he has been meaning to ask since the start of the trip. "San-ah, why did you ask me to pack another bag?" 

"You'll see why tomorrow. I'll help you repack again tomorrow morning."

"What if I have a present? And what happens to one of the bags?"

"Bring it along with you. Your bags will be handled with care, don't worry. Now go and sleep, you'll need it, beautiful." 

---

As promised, San went to help the younger repack his stuff so that he would be bringing his duffle bag and he could leave his luggage behind.

"San-ah seriously, where are we going? You didn't answer my question last night. You gonna kidnap me or some shit?" Wooyoung questions again, still skeptical with San's behaviour. 

"If I wanted to kidnap you, I would've done it a long time ago. You trust me right?" Wooyoung nods. "Then that's all you need to do. Just trust me on this one okay? I know you'll love it." 

All of them had a good breakfast before checking out of the resort, and went to run some last minute shopping before driving back to the train station. 

"Alright Seonghwa hyung, I'll leave this to you. I repacked so that you won't need to carry so much load, just drop it off at my dorm okay?" San instructs the older, and Wooyoung looks at him with a puzzled expression. 

"You knew about this?!" Wooyoung exclaims and he only earns a sheepish smile as a reply. 

"We all did, eventually. Have fun and safe trip!" Yunho greets with a wink, before they all start to walk away from them to get on the other side of the station. 

After the rest are out of their line of sight, San looks at Wooyoung, who was waiting for answers with his arms crossed. "Do you, Jung Wooyoung, allow me to take you on a date for another three days?" 

Wooyoung's expression soften and dumbly nods before realising what he just did. "W-wait, date? Choi San, come back here! You haven't even asked me out yet!" 

He'd go anywhere if it's with San. San is home anyways. He'd go wherever home is. 

San stops in his tracks, and looks at him with a cheeky grin. "I'm sorry, what was that you said?"

"N-nothing. I didn't say a-anything." 

"Mm sure, beautiful. Now let's go, I've got so much planned for us." 

---

"We are definitely going somewhere, could you at least give me a hint of where we're going?" Wooyoung asks again. 

"Since you asked so many times, I'll just tell you. I want to show you around my hometown, so that's where we're going." 

"You're joking." San shakes his head. "Oh my god, you're so unpredictable it's crazy." Wooyoung groans and the older chuckles. 

"So, what are we going to do there?" 

"We're going to visit my friends, dance, eat and just have fun as we look around." San answers, and Wooyoung's eyes go wide. "How exactly are we going to fit that in three days?" 

"I got it under control, have a little faith in me Wooyoung-ah." 

"Fine, I trust you. Make sure that you don't make me regret this." 

"Yes boss, I got you." 

---

status: edited

hi friends AHAH i can't believe i'm splitting this whole trip in so many parts

hi friends AHAH i can't believe i'm splitting this whole trip in so many parts. i'm suddenly writing so much because of my momentum today :D (yay!) and can you sense that something's gonna happen between them? because i do 👀 hehe i hope you guys are having a great week and don't forget to stay safe! love you guys <3

also can we just talk about Ateez's journey on kingdom? they have been working so hard on that show & went beyond my expectations every single time and I can't start explaining how talented they are. They're such beasts - preparing for kd, imitation, the bulnoriya cb, immortal songs all in one go? only Ateez can do that. i loved every single stage, especially the wonderland stage. don't get me started on the unit stages, both teams did so well and i'm so proud of all of them. to me, the interactions were a much bigger focus than the results; it was amazing to see how well they worked together and i'm so happy this unit stages happened :D  continue supporting & voting for ateez as well as all the teams on kingdom! 

8 makes 1 king!