이십이

Wooyoung was cutting up the ingredients he needed to cook kimchijjigae, since he offered to make lunch for San's grandparents

Wooyoung was cutting up the ingredients he needed to cook kimchijjigae, since he offered to make lunch for San's grandparents. He was utterly focused, and it shattered when he saw San's grandmother, Mrs. Choi walk into the kitchen to pour an iced drink for him.

"Why are you so tense my dear? I don't bite." San's grandmother comments and Wooyoung grew cold in his spot, stopping his actions. "Don't worry, I'm not here to lecture you, I want to get to know you better." The boy dropped his shoulder in relief and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, halmeoni. This is my first time seeing his family members, I guess I'm nervous and just want to make a good impression." Wooyoung scratches his head and Mrs. Choi lightly laughs.

"Don't worry my dear, I know you're a good match for my grandson. I'm sure his parents will love you too. San looks really happy when he's around you, so I'm happy for the both of you. And thank you for cooking lunch."

Flashing his famous eye smile, "Thank you, that really means a lot to me. And no worries about the lunch! I've always liked cooking anyways, I hope you and halabeoji will enjoy it."

San was watching the scene unfold from the corridor, leaning his body against the wall for leverage. San had a very strong bond and relationship with his grandma, hence looking at his partner bond with his grandmother allowed a surge of warmth and happiness ran through his body and butterflies to erupt in his stomach. He can't help but think how lucky he was to be with this man.

Right, sometimes I forget that Wooyoung has always been a social butterfly.

"Seems like you two are best friends now huh?" The two people in the kitchen whip their heads towards him, surprised.

"Why, you jealous that your grandma and I share secrets now?" The previously purple haired boy teased (he definitely did not ask San to dye his hair black at 2 am but that's a story kept for next time) and the dimpled boy chuckles, shaking his head.

"No, not at all. I'm glad that the two people I love most in this world are getting along."

---

The lovebirds knocked out the moment they let their heads rest against the soft cushions of the chair on the KTX both out of fatigue and their stomachs being filled (read: San's grandma forced them into eating the soup Wooyoung made and had no say but to listen). An hour into the train journey only did the younger one stirred awake, mouth itchy to get some snacks into his system. He moved slowly to grab his bag so as to not disturb his lover's peaceful sleep, but failed when he no longer felt the weight of San's head on his shoulder.

"Since when were you awake? Why didn't you wake me?" The said boy asks groggily, trying to rub the sleepiness out of his eyes. "I just woke up because I was hungry and I didn't wake you because you look so tired and peaceful; I didn't want to disturb you."

San quickly steals a kiss on the cheek, and smiles. "Looking at you eating that makes me hungry now. Could you pass me one?"

The two spent the rest of their ride watching a movie on San's laptop and chatting about the movie once in a while. Without even realizing, they've already reached Seoul. Quickly grabbing their belongings, they got off the train and walked out of the station happily, relieved to be back home safely after so long.

"As expected, the air's not as fresh here but it's good to be back." Wooyoung comments as soon as they walk out of the station and San laughs.

"Yeah, it's nice to be back. C'mon, I'll hail a cab for us."

The ride back home was silent, but comfortable. Small smiles and loving kisses on the cheeks that held so many meanings were exchanged as they wait for the taxi to come to a stop at their final destination.

Being the gentlemen he is, San drops Wooyoung off first, helping him with his luggage and the driver being kind enough to let San engage in a small talk with his boyfriend.

The black haired hugs the older, and speaks with his voice muffled, "Thanks for sending me home, you should get going and rest up too."

"Mm, I will. Quickly get in, I'll call you when I reach home. Text me when you're in safe okay? I love you."

"Love you too, babe. I'll be waiting for your call."

---

my god it has been so long since i wrote something on here akahfrkjgb idk if this was dry but i hope you guys like it nonetheless :") school has sucked up all of my creative brain juices and i barely have time to write :< and i don't think i'll dr...

my god it has been so long since i wrote something on here akahfrkjgb idk if this was dry but i hope you guys like it nonetheless :") school has sucked up all of my creative brain juices and i barely have time to write :< and i don't think i'll drag this book out any longer for the fear of it being too dry and boring, so i'll end it in a few more chapters! thank you so much for still sticking around, i love y'all so much :"") have a good week ahead and stay safe! xx