이십사

It didn't even take sherlock to try and figure out that the two had an issue

It didn't even take sherlock to try and figure out that the two had an issue. The group automatically knew that something was off, since their dynamics changed.

The tension was suffocating.

All of them were at lunch, and the air looming over the seemed thick. Some of the members shifted uncomfortably in their seats, and some were trying to include them in the conversations.

"Sorry hyungs, can I just pull this idiot aside for a moment? We'll see you later during afternoon break." Yeosang announced, obviously annoyed at his best friend's behaviour.

Wooyoung didn't even manage to put the spoonful of rice in his mouth before his arm was yanked by his best friend, forcing him to stand up and loosing his balance at the same time. 

"H-hey! My lunch!" Wooyoung wailed, looking back at the table with confused faces. "Leave it, I'll buy you food later." 

Once they reached their hideout, Yeosang finally let go of Wooyoung's red wrist.

"Jeez bro you didn't have to drag me like that all the way here." The younger winced. 

"Tell me what's wrong."

"What?" Wooyoung feigned ignorance, but he knew deep down why Yeosang pulled him here. Again, damn him and his observant little eyes. 

"You know why we're here. Spill it, and don't you fucking dare try to lie to me. I'm your best friend, and I know when you lie." 

---

After eventually spilling everything with some initial resistance, Wooyoung was silently sobbing in Yeosang's arms, who was gently patting his back. 

"Hey dude, I know you're really upset and I hate to say this while you're still sobbing but I think you should really hear him out. I don't know what he's planning, but what I know that San is not like that, and you as his boyfriend should know best that he won't do things like this without any reason." 

"Shut up, stop rubbing it in my face that I'm an idiot." The boy sniffles.

"Your words, not mine. But I'm glad that you know that." Yeosang slowly detaches himself from the hug, gripping his friend's shoulders as a form of encouragement. "Talk to him Woo, communication is important."

"Yeah I will, soon."

A few minutes before the bell rings, Yeosang helped the younger to the washroom to freshen up, and at least try not to look like he cried a whole ass Amazon river down his face. They parted ways to their different classes, with Yeosang giving a hopeful smile and the now black haired a tight forced smile in return.

When he went back to his class, his eyes automatically landed on another pair who looked away the second their eyes met and his heart clenched. It hurts more to know that he can still feel his lover's attention on him despite not talking to him plus the fact that he's not coming up to talk because he knows that Wooyoung needs his space. 

Because that's just how San is - he always cares. Always putting others before him. 

This just made Wooyoung feel ten times more guilty than he already is and reminded him once more on how much of an idiot and asshole he is. 

Wooyoung sat in the upper rows in the lecture theatre, which meant just him staring at the back of San's head the whole entire time just watching his lover diligently taking notes. Class went by excruciatingly slow, at least for Wooyoung. The class felt like eternity, and he can't stop thinking about the look in San's eye which expressed so much sadness and guilt.

The bell finally rang and he felt free. He quickly packed up his stuff, trying to hopefully catch San in time before they walked off to their next class but he was already walking off with one of his classmates, chatting away. 

Well, I guess I've just gotta talk to him later. 

Wooyoung somehow managed to keep himself busy during some of his other classes and managed to sneak off to the school garden to get some fresh air to not think about his situation with San.  

He knew he was wrong for just lashing out and not trying to let his boyfriend speak, but how could he when all of it looked like his boyfriend was trying to take something he wanted so much? Sure, he was happy for him, but dang it stung so much. But at this point, he was just angry at himself for not acting rationally and being selfish.

He chuckled bitterly and said to himself, "I'm such an idiot and so fucking pathetic. He's your boyfriend for fuck's sake! The least I could do was to listen and support him." 

--- 

All of his classes finally came to an end for the day and he quickly fished out his phone to text his lover before forgetting. 

wooyooungie :D 
hey, i wanna talk. can we meet later at your dorm at 7? 

my sanshine, my yellow <33 
sure, i'll see you later 

He winced at the lack of use of pet names like he usually does and the subtle coldness in his reply, but he guess he deserves it after being such an asshole. 

He was going to fix this. 

--- 

boom omg i finally finished this chapter :") im sorry it took me so long afkajbk but i am back!! i wrote this during my holidays so probably by the time you guys see this im already back in school but oh wells, im just happy i could finish this of...

boom omg i finally finished this chapter :") im sorry it took me so long afkajbk but i am back!! i wrote this during my holidays so probably by the time you guys see this im already back in school but oh wells, im just happy i could finish this off :) we are already at chapter 24 and i think im looking at ending it around chapter 30! (what a fat lie when i said i was going to make this book shorter than my previous one) while i was away y'all still really be bringing the reads up to 9.1K and i am so damn thankful for y'all afhav i love you guys! thank you for still staying despite my VERY irregular updates and i hope all of you stay safe! xx