십일

The two finally made up after a short talk outside the library and some ice cream after that

The two finally made up after a short talk outside the library and some ice cream after that. And as they made up, they both slowly started to think about how ridiculous they were to avoid each other just because of a small issue like this.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), it seemed like the world was against Wooyoung (in his opinion) and a few months later, he found himself in a similar situation once again.

"Okay class, we're gonna be going out for a contemporary and street jazz style exposure next week that involves partner work, so I'll pair you up. Since we don't have enough girls, some boys may have to pair up together." Groans were heard around the class upon the proclaim, but they listened anyways.

Wooyoung was dozing off on his desk until he heard his name said out loud. "... and Wooyoung and San!"

"Wait what's going on?" The purple haired questioned, confused.

"Seems like we're partners now, Young-ah."

Next week rolled around pretty quickly, and they were all in an unfamiliar dance studio, warming up upon the instructor's instructions, with Wooyoung and San next to each other, of course.

"Welcome to this class! I know that some of you have little to no experience in this dance genre which is perfectly okay, so I hope everyone will do their best today!" The instructor, Mr Park said cheerfully, making San wince. It's too early to be all cheery right now.

A full hour into the lesson, San was definitely awake, and the morning caffeine was slowly kicking in. Both he and his partner was already sweating buckets, sweat running down their backs and hair sticking to their foreheads.

"You're really good at this Young-ah." San complimented after watching the said boy follow the steps so easily and gracefully, allowing the younger boy's cheek to be tinted slightly pink.

"Thanks, I used to study this for a while when I was younger. Thought I'd forget it but I guess it still runs in my blood."

When the instructor stated that it was time for lifts, Wooyoung's body started to feel hot all over for an unknown reason. He looked over at San, who was completely unfazed and was instead paying full attention to the demonstration.

"It'd be preferred that the males, or the stronger between the males to be the ones to assist with the lifting. Please take note of your space and your safety! I'll be walking around to take a look, so go ahead and try it out!" Mr Park said, and the students went to work.

Wooyoung could tell that San was a little awkward with this and decided to take initiative instead. "Hey, how about you lift me? I'm used to being lifted, and you seem a lot stronger than me."

"You sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"Stop worrying, even if I fall, I know you'll catch me. Just follow my lead, okay?" Wooyoung says, grabbing San's hands with a soft smile on his face, and bringing them to his hips. Just like what he said, the younger of the two gave San directions, who seem to be doing well. On the count of three, Wooyoung does a little run up and San manages to lift Wooyoung up and do a spin, before bringing him back down to his chest level and executing another lift.

Wooyoung grins wide, jumping a little when he safely plants his foot back on the ground. "We did it! You already did a good job by not dropping me to the floor."

Claps were heard and the two trail their eyes to where it was coming from. "Bravo, bravo. That was beautiful, you guys did that perfectly! I want you both to do the recording later at the end of this class. Keep it up! Your chemistry is wonderful."

Another hour and a half into the class cleaning and polishing the choreography, it finally came to an end and all the students got into a semi circle, excited to watch the chosen pairs perform.

"Wooyoung and San, you're up next!" That announcement earned cheers from everyone in the room and it made Wooyoung nervous but he got up anyway, receiving a warm smile from his partner that allowed his nervousness to fade.

The two got in position and once the song was played, it was just them and the music in their own world. It was like a moving picture, telling a story so magical that it pulled everyone else into their world. The added dim lighting and mist made it even more impactful, a more dramatic effect to their stage. They were graceful, their chemistry was amazing like as though they were one in mind and body.

At that point, both of them thought that nothing mattered, not even the audience, but only each other and the spotlight was theirs and theirs only.

Both of them pulled off the lift like they practiced, and the whole routine ended with both on their knees with Wooyoung's head down and San cupping his cheeks to lock eyes with him. The studio erupted with cheers and hollers but the two stayed there for a moment before the purple haired took San's hand in his and gave him a hug before bowing, San following suit.

"That was marvellous! And with that beautiful piece we'll end the class here!" Mr Park says and everyone dispersed to grab their stuff and head back to the bus, some still awestruck by the performance.

"Yo, what was that with San? It was beautiful man, even I was in awe." Yunho complimented his friend, who was trying to sink it in as well.

"I don't know, but I liked it. Very much."

---

status: edited

this is probably the longest chapter i've written, damn

this is probably the longest chapter i've written, damn. what inspired this was the legendary jimin & jungkook lift during the mma black swan performance (and i still can't get over that). also, this contemp dancer!woosan is vibing with me so hard as i wrote this chap like imagine woo with his hair up doing this shit i cant- anyways, stay safe & sorry for the late update! xx

my updates may start to be irregular now since i've started working and i have school, so i hope you guys can understand and be patient for my updates! thank you for making it this far into this book, i'm glad that you guys are enjoying it! please shower this book with lots of votes & comments too yea~ :D