"I'm seriously this close to punching you both if you continue to keep that up

"I'm seriously this close to punching you both if you continue to keep that up." Wooyoung warns the couple sitting opposite of him, throwing daggers at the same time. The two boys gave him a sheepish smile, and apologised before quieting down to let Wooyoung focus.

Wooyoung was with the Yungi couple at the campus' cafeteria during his break, to catch up on his work so that he wouldn't be met with a snowball of assignments to complete. But clearly, the couple with him was slowly becoming a distraction. They were all quiet at first, minding their own business, but noise started to fill Wooyoung's ear drums and he knew it was the two of them. Who else could it be?

Wooyoung is a dance major, and takes food and nutrition as his elective. He's a model student - hard worker, good grades, excels in his club. Additionally, he's a charmer and crowd pleaser, so everyone enjoys his presence. But when it comes to completing his work, he's serious and is a perfectionist, which is why he's trying to concentrate by ignoring the couple, but unfortunately, it isn't working.

He opts for listening to music, and proceeds to take his airpods out, raising the volume and turning on the noise cancelling function. Some peace, finally.

Moments later, the rest of the boys start to gather with him, to eat lunch together.

"Damn, you're still working on your stuff  even during your free period hyung?" Jongho comments, as he sat down next to Wooyoung.

"Hey, I could do a lot in one and a half hours okay? I'm already done with my assignment while waiting for you guys." He replies, packing his stuff to create space on the table.

"Talk about a model student, could never be me." Mingi mumbles.

"That's because you always sleep in your classes! Could never be me." Wooyoung retorts back while Mingi rolled his eyes. "And the both of you were awfully distracting, you guys barely did any work. Which is due tomorrow, may I add."

"I'll do it tonight, I promise." Wooyoung hums. "Mm sure. Don't come to me asking for help when you're finally panicking at 3 am."

Seonghwa calmed them down, like the mom he is and the group of seven finally gets up and orders their food. As per usual, Wooyoung is eating alone, with no one to feed like the others, and all he could do is just either watch or ignore while trying not to puke his meal back out.

He's trying to hold onto that tiny ray of hope that he'll find someone eventually.

Trust me, he really is.

---

It's another day of packing for San, and he's glad that he's almost done. San didn't have much stuff anyway, it was just his clothes, books and some other stuff that he needs to bring over. After reading the acceptance letter he got from SNU yesterday, he got even more excited.

Getting to SNU was one of his biggest life goals and he's happy that he made it this time.

You might be curious as to why he didn't choose to go there from the start.

He did apply, but unfortunately didn't get accepted. Him feeling devastated was an understatement; like damn, SNU was the top university out there, but realised that he was still lacking in so many areas.

Therefore he decided to actually get some training, and watched himself immensely improve over the years. The acceptance letter was a solid proof that his hard work paid off. Besides that, his dad's job was moving all over the place, and that was also the reason why he gave up on trying to appeal to SNU.

He loved SNU's campus, plus they're pretty reputable. And if he's gonna wanna do dance, he'd want to get the best training and education there is. He's nervous on how well he's gonna settle in since he's skipping a year, but he's excited to finally land a spot in SNU.

San continued packing with a goofy smile on his face and whistling from time to time, the excitement bubbling in his veins, not wanting to settle down just yet.

---

status: edited

this is just a chapter to give you a little more background on the two main characters of this story, so sorry if this was a little dry/boring! the real start of the story will be coming in soon so just wait a while! stay safe <3