"You're that guy who wanted the last Häagen-Daz at the supermarket the other time!" The purple head boy exclaims

"U-uh yeah, that's me." San stutters, scratching the back of his nape. 

"What a small world. I've never seen you around campus before, first day?" San nods. "Hand me your schedule, I'll help you find your class." San does what he's told, grateful that he actually bumped into this guy, he was actually hoping that someone would notice his confusion and offer him help. 

As Wooyoung studies San's schedule, San clears his throat. "Uhm, I didn't quite manage to catch your name properly the other day.." 

The younger tears his gaze away from the paper in his hands and looks up at San. "Oh! My bad, my name is Wooyoung. Jung Wooyoung. I'm also a dance major, so we'd be seeing each other often." The boy introduces himself and motions the taller boy to follow him to get to his locker.

"Ahh, I see. I'm San, Choi San, if you missed my name the other time. And can I just ask why are people whispering and looking at me?" San questions as they both walk down the hallway.

"Nice to properly meet you, San. Oh, it's just 'cause you're a new face, and it's rare for the uni to accept students during a new semester. And also probably because you're handsome." Wooyoung says so nonchalantly, it baffles the older. San was busy looking around, trying to take in his surroundings and didn't notice that Wooyoung stopped, resulting in him bumping into the said boy. 

"S-sorry." He apologises quickly, and Wooyoung shakes his head. "Don't worry 'bout it. So here's your locker and here's how you unlock it with your password. You can place your stuff here so you don't have to bring heavy bags every day. I also recommend you bring an extra set of clothes for dance class. Since you're with me for the first class, I'll just lead you there." 

"Thanks, you're a huge help." San smiles gratefully with his dimples on display, and Wooyoung swears his heart skipped a beat. 

"Y-yeah, no problem." 

---

San makes it through his first few class with Wooyoung's help and soon enough, it was lunch. 

"Hey, I just realised that you have most of your classes with me and we share the same lunch period. Since it's lunch, wanna come and eat lunch with me?" Wooyoung questions as both boys packed their bags. 

"You sure that's alright? I don't wanna intrude your lunch with your friends." 

"I'm the one inviting you, so don't sweat it. My friends are nice and would love a new face, and I don't have to seventh-wheel anymore since I finally have a friend." Wooyoung convinces, and San just tags along, happy to be able to make friends. 

They chat a little as they make their way to the cafeteria, trying to get to know each other better. San uses this opportunity to take note of how talkative Wooyoung is (in a good way), and take in his features, like the mole under his eye and how it makes the younger even more beautiful. 

Wait, what?

"Yo losers, we have a new addition to the group! Don't scare him away because I need a friend to seventh-wheel with. This is San, the new kid. San, these are my friends, and we call ourselves Ateez." Wooyoung introduces him to the group, who focus their attention to San. 

"Hey, I'm San, I just transferred and I'm a dance major. Sorry to just jump in like this." San smiles sheepishly and they were quick to deny him. 

"Don't worry about it! Have a seat! Welcome to SNU and Ateez, San." A guy with blue hair welcomes him, and San's chest feels lighter. The group introduces themselves, and San quickly learns about the couples in the group. 

"So yeah, those are the couples who make me puke every day, so you kinda saved me over here." Wooyoung comments and San just giggles. 

Wooyoung continued to show San around on how he could get his food and once he settled down, the group initiated a conversation with him, and San immediately feels comfortable around them like as though they've been friends for years. 

San was just glad he could settle down this quickly. 

---

status: edited

wee!! so san finally met the gang :D can't believe i took eight chapters to get here AHAH but don't worry about that, they're gonna be mentioned often from here onwards :) hope everyone had a good new year celebration as well! don't let your guard...

wee!! so san finally met the gang :D can't believe i took eight chapters to get here AHAH but don't worry about that, they're gonna be mentioned often from here onwards :) hope everyone had a good new year celebration as well! don't let your guard down and continue to stay safe!