이십칠

Back at their accommodation, San wasn't lying when he said that Wooyoung would get a lecture from the mother figure of their group

"Why did you not listen to your boyfriend and get yourself hurt?" Seonghwa scolds over the phone and Wooyoung pulls the phone away from his ears, wincing at his loud voice. 

"Hyung, San did his job, I was the stubborn one who didn't listen to him. I'm okay now, stop yelling. I feel like my ears are going to bleed." The younger calmly responds and he hears the older sigh heavily. "You're lucky it wasn't anything worse. I know you love dance, but please, your health comes first. And listen to San for god's sake. Who knows what would've happened if he wasn't there." 

"Yes mom, I got you. I'll listen to him and eat my meals well okay? And you better not stay up too late preparing your gallery, I know how anxious you get. You'll do well hyung. I'll hang up now, see you at Yunho's match!" Wooyoung quickly ends the call, not wanting to prolong the nagging session and glares at his lover who was sipping on his tea. 

"What?" 

"You're so mean for calling Seonghwa hyung. I had to sit down and listen to him nag for 10 minutes while you're happily drinking your tea." San shrugs. "You lowkey deserved it." 

A few more weeks fly by, and it was time for them to leave for Korea. The dance department had one last class in the morning before sharing their farewells and heading back to the hotel to pack up. 

"Wahh, we're finally going back home. I miss the food and my bed." Wooyoung exclaims, flopping on the bed after zipping up his luggage bag. 

"You mean my bed? You've been sleeping over in my dorm anyway, it's like as though my room is yours." San chuckles. "Tsk, the fact that I've been sleeping in your room just makes me miss my own room more now." 

As the couple in LA get ready to leave for their hometown, the other 6 boys back in Korea were in Yunho's (read: his dad's) car heading to the airport to pick the two boys up once they landed.

"What time did they say that they would land again?" Yunho, who was in the driver's seat asks. "At around 10 am. We're early, don't worry about it." Seonghwa, who was sitting behind Yunho replies, still keeping his voice low in order to not stir his lover awake. 

They were lucky to not run into any traffic jams, especially when they started to hit the road during the morning peak hours where the whole nation is getting ready to get to work or school. Upon arriving at the airport, most of the boys groaned, still feeling cranky as they tried to rub the sleepiness off their eyes. 

"Goodness, why did we have to be here so damn early in the morning?" Jongho whines, clinging onto Yeosang for balance. "Ask the 16 hour time difference. Also your fault for not sleeping early like I asked you to."

"Stop complaining, they're almost here. We can go grab breakfast while waiting." 

--- 

Of course, it isn't an Ateez reunion if it's not chaotic. Regardless of how tired all of them were, Wooyoung and San certainly felt welcomed back home and as cheesy as it sounds, they missed the presence of the other 6 boys.  As soon as Yunho dropped the rest back at the dorms, he and Mingi drove back to campus to train for their matches that's bound to happen in 2 days. 

Which brings us to the current situation in the school's stadium, where Wooyoung is screaming his lungs out cheering for Yunho and his team whenever they manage to score a point (read: also giving second hand embarrassment to the rest of the boys). 

"Young-ah? Calm down a little, everyone is looking at us. I know you want to support Yunho but let's take it down a notch okay love?" San says, tugging on his boyfriend's sleeve, trying to get him to sit and calm down. Fortunately, it works and he obediently sits back down with Seonghwa passing him a bottle of water as he does so. 

The first set of the volleyball match has ended and a 10 minute intermission is given to the crowd including the two teams, with Yunho's team taking the lead with the first set. The Seongjoong couple went ahead to grab more snacks for them, Wooyoung and was left with the Jongsang couple to look after their belongings while San went to the washroom. 

The three of them were mindlessly using their phones when they felt a looming shadow casting over them. 

"Oh, Yunho hyung!" Jongho waves. "Congrats on taking the first set! But what're you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be down there for discussion?" 

"I've got some time to spare. This team is tough, but I think we got this one. Anyway, where's the rest?" Yunho questions, looking around for familiar faces. 

"Hongjoong and Hwa hyung went to get some more food and San went to the washroom. Have you heard anything from Mingi yet? His match is dragging on for a while." Yeosang states. "Yeah, he started late today, that's probably why. We'll see him after if I'm done first." Wooyoung nodded and stood up. "I'm gonna go look for San. Be right back!" 

The said male made his way down the steps of the viewing area and to the nearest male washroom to look for his boyfriend and there he was, talking to a girl he has never seen before at the side of the hallway. 

His lover somehow managed to make eye contact with him and waved him to come over, causing the girl to look in his direction too. 

Woah. She's really pretty. 

Nonetheless, he walks towards the two with San smiling brightly at him. 

"Yuri noona, meet my boyfriend, Wooyoung. Wooyoung, meet Yuri noona, my older cousin." Wooyoung bows politely and Yuri does the same, handing her hand out for a handshake after. "So you're the Jung Wooyoung this guy can't stop talking about! So nice to finally meet you." 

"Nice meeting you too. Are you a student here noona?" The older nods. "Yep, I just came back from my figure skating competition overseas and decided to stop by since my boyfriend's in the  volleyball team too." 

"Oh really? You can join us then! We're in section A, row 4." The black haired invites and Yuri thanked him before heading to the seats to put her stuff down. 

"Sorry for taking too long, must've worried you. But you know, I could almost smell the faint jealousy from afar." San chuckles, wrapping his arm around the younger's waist. 

"Shut up, Choi San." 

---