- Chapter 7 -

"Do you believe someone like me would have a boyfriend?"

It was the day of the game, and you were currently helping Shimizu and Ittetsu load the bus. Unfortunately you dropped your uncle's volleyball manual, and because you were holding several other things, you couldn't crouch down to pick it up.

"HEY- uh, CAN SOMEBODY GRAB THAT FOR ME?" You asked, not caring if your volume was too loud. A few of the guys from the volleyball team were there, some were still arriving. Luckily, Hinata came over and picked up the book for you.

"H-here you go (Y/N)-Senpai..." He said shakily handing you the book, you took the manual from his hands, you observed his current state. He looked sick and nervous at the same time.

"Hinata-kun? Are you alright, I can go to the nurses office real quick if you need anything." You told him, he shook his head quickly before responding.

"No- no, I'm fine...!" He said slowly, bringing up his hands to showcase a thumbs up, you raised an eyebrow in suspicion, but decided to let it be. You loaded the last items and laid back on a wall waiting for the others.

---

Hinata just puked on Tanaka's lap.

Hinata just PUKED on Tanaka's LAP.

HINATA JUST PUKED ON TANAKA'S LAP.

You looked in the bus for a spare pair of sweatpants, unfortunately, those weren't found, so Tanaka ended up walking in his volleyball shorts for the remainder of the time.

You were now casually walking with the team to the gym door, until you heard something...

"I hear they used to be really good, like, years ago. But all I really know is that they have two really gorgeous managers, and one of the players looks like a thug. He's got a shaved head, mean eyes, and looks pretty dumb.

The first years, Tanaka, and you all looked 'round the corner to see the owner of the voice.

"I wouldn't mock my team too much, or we'll tear you apart." Tanaka stated, with an attempt of an intimidating face. You were behind them all so you didn't "disrupt" the glares they were giving the opposing team.

"Come on, don't intimidate them, look at them. You're scaring the poor, elite players." Tsukishima then said. You didn't have anything to say, they complimented you after all... Then is finally processed in your head. They called you a manager.

"Oh yes, they're so quick to assume that any girl on the team is a manager. We should stop straining their already small brains." You said politely, yet with a not-so polite face. It was most common for people to mistake you for a manager, you acted as one the most, but you were the coach. You have more experience with volleyball than both Shimizu and Takeda, as you're Sugawara's neighbor and bestfriend. When you were kids volleyball is all you'd talk about.