- Epilogue -

You closed your scrapbook, sighing relief and laying back on your shared bed

You closed your scrapbook, sighing relief and laying back on your shared bed. You closed your eyes, wishing to get some sleep in.

"MAMA!" Your son, Eiko, yelled while jumping on the bed. You groaned in annoyance, but got up none-the-less.

"Yes?" You asked, the tone of your voice obviously being annoyed. Eiko's expression seemed to change from excited, to scared for dear life.

"U-uh, I wanted to know when dad would be home." He said, giving you a nervous smile. You light up at the question, you headed towards your phone to check the time, it was 2:37pm.

"In about 10 minutes." You said, getting up as your son followed you. You raised a brow turning towards him.

"Why don't you go play with your sister?" You suggested, motioning him to the living room area.

"Mikia doesn't want to play with me! She said she'd rather watch TV all day!" Eiko pouted, you shook your head laughing at the response, knowing it was probably true.

"Go play with Ozuru outside if you're that bored." You added onto the suggestion. Eiko shook his head at your words, not interested in playing with his cousin.

"I wanna hear a story!" He said, heading to the dining table to sit down, you followed him with a platter of (favorite snack).

"Alright, what kind of story?" You asked, your son laid his head on the table thinking, during that time, Mikia entered the room, sitting next to you.

"What's he thinking about?" She asked, taking some (favorite snack) from your dish.

"A story!" Eiko answered for you, Mikia started thinking as well for a story topic, until you suggested something.

"Oh, I got a story." Said, fixing your posture. Your children's eyes laid on you as you prepared to tell the story, but before you could start, you were interrupted by the sound of an opening door.

"I'm home!" You heard the familiar voice say. The owner of the voice soon entered the room, Sugawara Kōshi.

"Welcome home, Kōshi" You welcomed him, motioning him to sit down, which he did. He sat right next to Eiko, across from you and Mikia.

"Mom's going to tell us a story." Mikia told him, Kōshi nodded, turning to you already intrigued in the topic.

"Oh? Well go on then, we're listening!" He said, slightly leaning back in the chair. You laughed a bit before silencing yourself. You thought a bit, about what you were about to say, until starting off the story.

"I was roaming the school hallways as it was almost time for practice. It was the usual, smiles and waves given and returned. It's not like I'd prefer worse, I liked this nice simple life. Though, I'd wish for some more excitement..."