- Chapter 22.5 -

"Do you believe that hope actually prevailed?"

You watched, with eyes full of hope as the volleyball hit the floor, listening to the referee blow the whistle, hearing the crowd roar, as Karasuno, just won against Shiratorizawa. It felt as if you've been in a moment like that before.

You smiled as you watched your team cheer, turning your head to see the third years hug with proud, and excited looks on their faces. You watched as Shimizu, Takeda, and even Coach Ukai cry, amazed by what they've achieved in that moment. You then stood up, along with the rest of the crowd, clapping ever so proud of your team.

Afterwards, you went ahead to meet up the team with Yachi, Saeko, Shimada-san, and Takinoue-san went down to meet up with your team, and headed to a restaurant to eat together to celebrate.

---

As per usual, you were walking home with Sugawara hand in hand. It was silent, and calm, you enjoyed it.

"I'm really happy (N/N)." Sugawara said quietly wearing a smile, still looking forward.

"I am too." You responded simply with a smile, also looking ahead, towards your path. You started to think a bit, wondering if there was any conversation needed to bring up.

Do you believe that hope actually prevailed?

You said, laughing a bit at your question, Sugawara looked towards you, watching you laugh with loving eyes.

"Oh hey (Y/N)," Sugawara started, whilst stopping his movement. You calmed down your laughing, and stopped walking as well.

"There's still about two weeks until Nationals starts, is there... anything you'd like to do?" Sugawara asked, curious. You thought of it for a bit, until responding.

"I don't have any plans besides school so I'm up for anything." You responded, not really knowing what'd you'd want to do. You two continued your walk after you answered.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." He replied, nodding with a slightly excited smile, yet you didn't notice it. Somehow, you two ended up arriving to your house, quicker than expected.

"Oh, we're here already." You said, quite surprised, Sugawara also a bit surprised as well.

"Oh, yeah. Well, I might text you later tonight, Shimizu's coming over to your place right? Have fun." Sugawara said, waving whilst walking backwards. You waved back with a smile, causing him to turn around and walk normally.

---

"So, (Y/N)." Shimizu started, you lifted your head from your phone to look at her. You and Shimizu decided to have a girls night, afterall, your team had beaten Shiratorizawa. You invited Yachi as well, but she declined, saying she had work to do.

"Is it true? That you and Sugawara are a couple now?" She asked, she looked excited, more excited than you've seen her in a while. Usually, you'd be calmer, or maybe cockier, but due to her sudden excitement, you were quite flustered.

"U-Uh, yeah! We are, who'd you hear from?" You asked, curious to who told her, and who else knew.

"I overheard, in a way, the whole team was gathered around talking about it while you went out to fill waters." She explained, making you even more flustered only to know that the whole team knew.

"Oh, wow... well, uh, yeah, Sugawara and me are dating." You responded, smiling nervously, slightly scared of what she was about to say next.

"Does that mean you two have kissed?" She asked, with curious eyes. You jumped at her question, not expected her out all people to ask such a thing.

"Um! No, we haven't- and since when do you ask these types of questions?" You asked, curious, flustered, nervous, and many more emotions combined.

"Well, I haven't before, I know. This is really the first time I've ever been involved with girl talk... so I'm curious." She said, answering your question. Yet, you deadpanned in return.

"What do you mean first time?! I've talked to you all the time about the drama in my life!" You said, throwing a pillow at her lap displeased, but jokingly.

"Oh, yeah, but that was usually negative, so I'd like to be involved with the positive." She added. Her response did make you realize she was right, but it also made you quite happy that she was right.

So there you two went on, talking about your new relationship with Sugawara, and it was like that through out the night, you really did enjoy it. 

---

A/N: I apologize in advance for a short half chapter, I'm planning to make chapter 23 longer.

NOW- I wanted to ask- all of you, for questions, because I'll be doing a Q&A special!! (unless I don't get any questions-) Feel free to ask anything you'd like, I'll try to answer them all!! Love you all, have a good morning/afternoon/night, and see you next chapter! <3