- Chapter 4 -

This is a time skip to the  3v3 match

---

"Do you believe we have hope this year?"

It was finally the day of the 3v3 match, you would often see Hinata and Sugawara training outside the gym when heading there. It made you smile, how he was always so supportive towards others. You were way too excited for this match. Unfortunately, you were late due to the fact that you needed to assist some teachers with delivery. Luckily, you arrived barely after the match started.

You opened the gym door to see Hinata practically flying in the air, getting ready to spike. It was as if the whole scene was in slow motion, you got that funny feeling again. The feeling of wind blowing past your face, you could've sworn you saw feathers. You didn't dislike it though, it gave you a sudden feeling of hope. Unfortunately, he was blocked easily. The blocker was crazy tall, it kind of freaked you out. No one else was that tall on the team, making him of course, the tallest member. Not only that, but he's a first year! You watched in amazement, heading to the scoreboard to watch with the others.

"Who's winning?" You whispered to Sugawara. He turned to you ever so slightly, then looked back at the game.

"Tsukishima and Yamaguchi by a point," he replied. You nod while focusing on the game. You weren't sure who was who. All you knew was Kageyama, and Hinata weren't winning at the moment. You silently watched as Hinata constantly got blocked, failing to receive, and more.

---

You watched as Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata, he hit it. Unfortunately, it was an out. This made you smile and laugh a bit inside, he finally hit it through, except it was an out. You watched as Hinata told Kageyama he'll be there to hit his tosses, no matter what.

You turned to Sugawara to see his reaction, he seemed to be really focused. Probably thinking of something, yet you weren't sure what exactly.

Your attention was caught again, Tanaka was perplexed, asking Hinata how he knew how to do a quick attack. Hinata of course, had no idea how he did it.

You watched who you now know to be Tsukishima tease Hinata for his actions, you watched and observed, squinting your eyes at the words he was saying.

"You are obviously not cut out to be a spiker" Tsukishima said casually, your eyes widened. This made you upset, very, very upset. You were just about to go lecture Tsukishima, but Hinata responded first.

"You're right." he admitted. You stood in confusion, listening to his story. He explained that he wanted to stay on court the longest. Making your smile return. You patted Sugawara's shoulder signaling you were gonna go somewhere else. You walked over to Shimizu, Sugawara watching your movement, then returning his eyes back to the game. He smiled.

You leaned on Shimizu waiting for the next play, her eyes just remained on the court. You watched as Hinata missed to spike each toss, he eventually- somehow, got stuck in the net.

"What are you, a fish?" Tanaka practically yelled, the thought came to your head. Making you laugh inside. You watched as they all started yelling at each other, it was actually pretty comedic. Something about oomph and gusto, whatever that's supposed to mean.

"Kageyama, it'll turn out just like middle school... Uh- you see..." Sugawara tried to explain, you turned your head to see him. He was contemplating the right words to say.

"Hinata has reflexes, speed, and jumping power, he can learn quick attacks" Kageyama replied, your smile faded to a more of a neutral-curious face as the conversation's mood changed.

"I think Hinata's weapon of agility may be smothering your tosses... Hinata doesn't have technique or experience." Sugawara explained, Hinata turned deflated and slightly offended.

"He isn't one of the skilled players who barely kept up with you in middle school" He added, Hinata deflating even more this time.

"But he is a diamond in the rough," he finished. Hinata some-how made a huge recovery, yet he kinda took it to be more than what Sugawara said.

You watched as Sugawara struggled to find the right word to describe how Kageyama could use Hinata's skill, you laughed a bit out loud, but it was pretty quiet so it was only noticeable to Kiyoko.

You listened to Suga, he explained how he isn't able to do what Kageyama can, so Kageyama should try his best to utilize Hinata's abilities. You stayed silent, though you really wanted to butt in saying he should stop bringing himself down.

You watched as Hinata and Kageyama put together some-sort of plan for their next attack. Then they did it.

They performed a crazy fast quick attack.

The whole gym went silent, in amazement. How in the world did they pull it off right off the bat...? You thought, perplexed and amazed. Then you remembered. Suga's advice... you said in your head, smiling once more. You turned to see a still surprised Suga, and looked back.

Hinata started praising himself for hitting the ball, you let out another quiet laugh watching his actions.

"Hey... Hinata did that with his eyes closed." Daichi said, still purely shocked. Now, this shocked you.

"How could he hit the ball without even looking at the ball?!" You whisper-shouted to Shimizu, she shrugged not knowing the answer.

You watched as the guys on court started yelling at each-other for no apparent reason.

"I can't help it! Trusting is the only way I know how to do it!" Hinata yelled, which caught your attention. Trust, how can he trust someone he barely knows so quickly? You thought curiously, you closed your eyes with a small grin. You really are amazing Hinata You added to your own thought.

"Hey Shimizu." You whispered to your friend. She turned her head ever so slightly to you, waiting for what you were about to say next.

"Do you believe we have hope this year?"

She thought about it before responding, though there wasn't much to think about. She nodded with a slight smile, bringing a smile to your face.

---

They won.

You passed out water bottles with Shimizu, feeling excited for no actual reason. Afterwards, you sat down watching the first years. More specifically, Hinata harassing Tsukishima to shake his hand.

After that, Shimizu passed out the club "uniforms" Hinata seemed to be very excited about it. The first years put on their new uniforms and stood in a line.

"The Karasuno High Volleyball Club..." Daichi started, you put your arm around Shimizu's shoulder and prepared what to say next.

"Welcomes you!"

---

A/N: WOAHH! PEOPLE ARE READING THIS! I'm so excited! Thank you for voting, that's very helpful! Just a quick note; the story won't completely follow the original storyline, not saying that it'll be changed completely, but some things will be added of course! Again, thank you, hope you enjoyed this chapter!