- Chapter 16 -

"Do you believe in following your heart, or your head?"

You casually unloaded the bus with Shimizu and your new female manager, Yachi Hitoka. Last week, on Monday, Shimizu recruited a first year for your team to be a manager. It's been 6 days since you've gotten the gift from Oikawa, and now you're at a training camp with several other teams.

You and Shimizu headed over to the entrance of the gym. Inside, there were two matches going, the only team you recognized was Nekoma. Both you and Shimizu were watching the same match, and waiting as the rest of your team entered the gym preparing themselves. Until of course, you heard a series of cheers coming from one person.

"HEY, HEY, HEY! AKAAAAAASHI!" One guy said, your eyes moving to the other game that's going on. The owner of the words looked vaguely familiar, the name 'Akaaaaaashi' also seemed familiar to you. You squinted your eyes, digging into your memory bank, trying to figure out where you've seen him, and heard the name.

"Yes, Bokuto-san?" your eyes quickly widened, moving their direction to the boy named 'Akaaaaaashi' smiling, realizing who it was. The rose boy you thought, Shimizu turned to you after realization you were smiling. She turned her head once more, searching for what you're looking for.

"Do you know him?" Shimizu asked, pointing to Akaashi a bit, you turned your head to her, and back, repeating this movement a bit more before responding.

"Mhm, I met him when I went to the Miyagi Butterfly Gardens." You said, watching the conversation the two had. Digging down in your memory, the boy got a lavender rose for the 'Bokuto' guy, you didn't see any trouble in their relationship, so you could only assume the rose prevailed.

"Oh, he seems nice." She said, making her main focus to the team with the so-called 'Akaashi' boy. You nodded, also focusing on the team with Akaashi, they seemed to be playing against Nekoma. You knew Nekoma, but never really became close with the team. The person you probably know best from Nekoma would be their Libero, Yaku, thanks to Sugawara.

---

It's night, you're in the girls dorms with the other managers. Everyone laid their futons out, and you were all sitting on them conversating.

"It's really sad that Nekoma doesn't have a manager!" Kaori, one of Fukurodani's managers, said, sighing and flopping back on her futon. Yukie, another one of Fukurodani's managers, nodded in a agreement, smiling at Kaori's actions.

"I think it's fine, Nekoma seems independent enough." Shimizu added with a smile, making Yukie also nod at her, Yachi followed along and nodded as well.

"Yeah... anyway what else is there to talk about?" You agreed and asked, looking up at the ceiling thinking.

"Oooh, how about crushes!" Yukie suggested, wriggling her fingers as if she was telling a spooky story, or as if she were tickling us. Yachi jumped in her spot embarrassed of the topic, making you laugh a bit.