- Chapter 2 -

"Do you believe that they'll get through?"

It was pretty early in the morning, but it's your usual routine to wake up early so you could watch anime or do last-minute homework. You were casually eating your eggs on rice when you suddenly heard the door knock. Sure, you were dressed and ready for school, but you were also sleepy and hungry, you didn't want to answer it. So, you just continued eating your breakfast, but the person at the door didn't hesitate to knock again, and again, and again. You groaned in annoyance as you slowly made your way to the front door. To your surprise, Sugawara Kōshi was standing there with a smile. His smile was contagious, and even though you were very hangry, you started to smile due to his presence.

"Suga, what's up? School doesn't start for another hour or so." You asked in confusion. You two were neighbors, his house was only 2 houses away from yours so you'd often walk to school.

"Ah, well I wanted to go to a morning practice. I'm not sure why, but I have a gut feeling that I should head over to the gym." He explained you nodded your head. You held up a finger motioning that you needed a second to get ready. He happily nodded waiting for you. You slipped on your shoes, put your bag around your shoulder, and left your unfinished egg in the fridge. After all that was done, you went back outside to Sugawara.

"Okay, I'm ready, sorry it took so long!" You stated as you stood out your front door, he shook his head with a smile saying it's fine. You two had a couple of small conversations on the way to school, and once arrived, you two headed to the gym. Since school hasn't started yet, and it was very early, not many students were on campus yet.

You finally arrived at the gym, Sugawara peeking his head through first. You stood behind him, listening to the "conversation," he then walked in, you followed in afterward. Inside were Hinata, Tanaka, and some other character that reminded you of a blueberry for some reason... You listened to their conversation, something about a secret crash course...? You laughed at the thought, sharing smiles with your kohais.

"Man, you guys are just giving away free stuff to blackmail you with, huh?" you laughed, they all looked at you with "shocked" faces, which caused you to stop laughing. You finally composed yourself, still slightly letting out a smile.

"Just because I have stuff to use against you, doesn't mean I'm going to. Plus, I'm technically helping you, meaning I'd be lectured by Daichi too." You assured them, they all let out a sigh of relief. Sugawara playfully punches your arm with a displeased smirk. You simply returned the favor with a playful grin.

---

Time passed, as Hinata, and who you now know is Kageyama, have been practicing the whole morning. You were casually sitting on the gym stage floor while watching Hinata fail to receive the ball. You sigh as he fails to receive another ball, laughing in your head a bit. In the distance you see Kageyama and Tanaka working on spikes and tosses. You hear some-sort of "uRk" sound coming from the area Sugawara and Hinata are working at, focusing the attention back on them.

Once again, Hinata failed to receive the volleyball, ending with it bouncing off his head. Suddenly Hinata started yelling across the gym to Kageyama, trying to convince him to set a ball for him to spike. Kageyama refused, then served a ball towards Hinata. He ONCE AGAIN failed to receive it. Kageyama then started explaining, and stating why he won't set to Hinata at all, but instead to Tanaka. You weren't a hundred percent sure what the situation was, considering the fact that your head was in the clouds during last night's practice, but you tried to step in any way.

"Hey, now-" You attempted to stop the "disagreement," unfortunately you were interrupted.

"Once my receives meet your approval, will you throw me tosses too...?" Hinata asked with hope, you silently watched, waiting for an appropriate response.

"To win, I'll throw to anyone I need to, but I don't think you're good enough to win," Kageyama responded way too casually. Sugawara grabbed onto your arm, holding you back before you could do anything. Your face practically copied Tanaka's at the moment, how could he say something so rude, so casually?! You thought.

"It's almost time, we need to clean up," Kageyama stated, your expression changed in a quick second. You ran to the volleyballs and put them in the cart. You continued cleaning up until you were finished. You walked out afterward to class with none other than Sugawara.

---

"So, that was disastrous!" You stated out loud, Sugawara laughed quietly nodding in agreement.

"Yeah... Oh! I hope you don't mind, I'll be practicing with Hinata during the passing period, and probably at lunch." He replied, it took you a while to process what he said, but when you realized, you pouted.

"Wait, what? Who am I supposed to talk with then?" You asked, still pouting. He just let out a sigh with a smile.

"That's your choice, not mine. Hinata really needs the practice though, since they're having a 3v3 practice match at the end of the week." He replied, your face lit up as you moved your head and eyes towards the ceiling.

"Hm, Suga..." You said quietly. He turned towards you with a questioning look. Waiting for your answer.

"Do you believe that they'll get through?"

He looked in front of himself, thinking of your question. He smiled when he finally thought of his response.

"Yeah, I'm sure they will." He replied with his signature smile, you responded with a smile too.

"That's good, you're usually right when it comes to this stuff. Oh! This is my class, I'll see you at..." You said, thinking of when you'll see your friend again.

"Most-likely at our next club meeting." He said walking off, giving you a wave. You nodded with a smile, sadly, your smile faded once he left. So there's a chance I won't be able to see him all day until our club meeting? Ouch... you thought with a small frown, you entered your classroom wiping away the frown and turning it into a neutral face. You walked to your desk, and automatically laid your face on the top of it.

"U-uh, (N/N), are you okay?" a familiar voice asked, your head went up instantly to face non-other than your friend Azumane Asahi. Your face lit up instantly, your face showing a big smile.

"Come back to the volleyball club!" You said loudly, but not loud enough to attract a lot of attention. Asahi started to silently panic, waving his hands in front of his face.

"Ah- Uh- Sorry- Can't- I'm not-" He said, continuing to panic. You didn't know what to do, so you just left him to panic while you sighed in defeat. You laid your cheek back on your desk, thinking of what to do now.

"Maybe I'll go see Kiyoko..."

---

A/N: Look who's back! Okay, sorry- I'd like to say thank you to the people- or- person who's read my book!! It means a lot, and it gives me the motivation to write more! That's all I have to say- so bye for now! <3