- Chapter 26 -

"Do you believe, our year together is really over?"

You stood on the stage, trying your absolute best to not bawl and cry in front of so many people, as Daichi announced his speech. This was it, your graduation ceremony, something you hoped would take more time to come, but as always, hope won't always help you.

Once the ceremony was over, you third years headed to the gym, as you were told a small graduation party was being held there for you five. You arrived at the gym door, opening it, to see the whole team gathered around a banner that read, "keep flying!"

You didn't think you'd come to see the day where you'd be crying more than Asahi and Yachi combined, but this really shocked you. You didn't think a simple scene would really do this much damage.

"Dang it Shimizu... Why do we have to graduate..." You whimpered, turning to her. Your eyes were watery, and your face was already stained with tears.

"Well (N/N)-chan, would you prefer being held back?" She asked, raising a brow. You shook your head and pouted slightly at her response.

"It's alright, we had a good three years together!" Daichi added patting your back as you all entered the gym.

"(Y/N)-SENPAI! (Y/N)-SENPAI! (Y/N)-SENPAI!" Hinata yelled coming towards you. You looked at him with a questioning smile.

"CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING!" He yelled happily once more. You thanked him happily, and he went off congratulating the rest of the third years, you laughed watching them respond. Not shortly after though, your attention was taken away by Takeda.

"(Y/N)-chan..." He whimpered, his eyes were watery, but he held a proud smile. He engulfed you in a big hug, and you of course returned the favor.

"I'm so proud of you...!" He said whilst in the hug. You laughed silently at his antics, thanking him for his words.

"Be successful, alright? I'm sure whatever you do, you'll be great at it!" He added, releasing the hug, affirming you. You nodded, thanking him once more.

Not much later, the small party had finally started, despite it being small, it was very enjoyable. Your favorite part of it, being the snack table. You thanked coach Ukai many times for the free food.

You watched the action while eating (favorite snack), though you almost choked laughing. Tanaka and Nishinoya were crying and begging Shimizu to not go, and for once she laughed at their actions, causing them to form stars in their eyes.

Daichi was conversating with Ennoshita, you assumed it had to do with becoming the next captain. Asahi was talking with the first years, Hinata seemed to be very excited about the subject.

"So what are you majoring in college?" Ukai asked you. You almost forgot he was there as well.

"Probably something film related, it's bad I'm still not sure, isn't it?" You asked laughing nervously at the end. Ukai shook his head in your response

"No, it happens. You got something in mind, so that's good." He assured you, making you smile. Despite not communicating as much with Ukai, he was much like a father figure to you. Sugawara made his was over to the table to keep you company as well.

"Do you believe, our year together is really over?"

He said, sighing at his own words, you nodded sighing as well, turning to him slightly.

"It all happened too quickly, or it at least felt like it." You said, turning back to the "party" going on.

"That's good though, right? It means we had fun along the way." He added on, he was right.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun." You finished the conversation. He picked out a snack and ate with you, watching everyone as well.

Unfortunately, the party of course, eventually had to come to an end. Meaning it was finally over.

---

"That ended fast" Sugawara commented on your walk home together, you nodded in agreement. The walk was silent, yet comfortable, but Sugawara felt the need to start a conversation.

"It's kinda funny how this scene has replayed so many times in our life, y'know, walking home together?" He said, turning his head to you with a smile, your neutral face changed to a grin.

"Yeah, but I like it." You added, but Suga seemed to stop in his tracks, causing you to pause as well. You were confused, not sure of what to do, but all Sugawara sent was a soft smile.

"I do too, I hope we can do it for the rest of our days." He said softly, looking down and digging into his pocket. Your eyes widened, unsure of what he was going to do, but thinking you might have an idea of what.

He pulled out a ring box, which frightened you a bit, you doubted he would propose to you, but of course there was always a chance, and you were unsure of what you'd do then. He walked up to you opening the ring box.

Inside of it held two rings, one larger than the other, both were beautiful. The rings seemed to both have a flying bird engraved on them, making you softly gasp, realizing what it was.

"They're promise rings." He clarified, you nodded knowing what they were, you turned to him with teary eyes, which you really didn't need after crying earlier. He looked up at you after slipping the ring on your finger.

"I promise, even if you end up outliving me, I'll love you." He promised, hugging you, you didn't hesitate to hug back crying silently in his shirt.

"I'll love even then" You whispered in the hug, instead of releasing the hug, it was tightened. That hug meant the world to you right then and there.

Before you knew it the day finally ended, and so did the year. The year that gave you much more hope than you imagined. The year that gave you love. The year that gave you victory. The year that gave you wings.