- Chapter 1 -

"Do you believe that you can become a spiker with your height?"

You were roaming the school hallways as it was almost time for practice. It was the usual, smiles and waves given and returned. It's not like you'd prefer worse, you liked this nice simple life. Though, you could wish for some more excitement. You're Takeda's niece, and assistant coach for volleyball, though you're more of a manager. 1st year sign-ups are today, and its only about 10 minutes until practice starts, so you were quite excited. Hoping maybe this year the volleyball team will achieve more members. The Karasuno Volleyball team wasn't exactly the worst, but definitely not the best at the same time. They are working really hard though,  so you can only hope that the first years will also bring luck.

---

You're now walking with Kiyoko Shimizu to the gym, in front of you were two very different people. One, a tall intimating guy, the other, a short guy filled with excitement. You let Shimizu do her magic, and you guys got through. At the door you were greeted by Tanaka complimenting Shimizu, while he greeted you happily too. She just ignored him, leaving a happily flustered Tanaka. You just flashed him a smile, while happily patting his shoulder, and followed Shimizu afterwards. 

You two made sure that everything was set for practice, after that you sat down. Shimizu was no where to be seen, so you could only assume she went to fill the waters. You started wondering, what in the world were those two bickering about? If they want to join the team they should at least try to get along. You then smiled, wondering what the two wanted to become. The taller male looks as if he could play any role, the short guy on the other hand. You squinted your eyes, we don't need another libero. He'll be back, sooner or later. You stated in your mind. 

"CAPTAIN!" You lifted your head to see the two 1st years again. The windows were in your eye view at the time too, looking at them, you panicked. It's already dark out, how long were you thinking?! You started packing your belongings so you can then pack up the gym. Whilst you were doing this, you overheard a proposition of a 3v3 match between the first years and 2 of the club members. You smiled, looks like I'll be seeing you in action Shrimpy. You said in your head.

The gym was practically packed up, so you were first to leave. Leaving the gym, you saw the shrimpy first year. You grinned, curiosity got the best of you and decided to ask him when he got closer.

"Hey, Shrimpy! I heard you wanna be on the team, which position do you like?" You asked once he was near the stairs. He blinked, opening his eyes again that some-how formed into stars. He nodded his head quickly with a huge grin.

"YEAH! I WANNA BE A SPIKER, AND THE ACE!" He said once he finished nodding his head. You took a bit to process this answer, spiker? Ace? You thought in your head. You shook your head a bit, letting out a small laugh afterwards. Once you composed yourself, you looked at him with a friendly smirk.

"Do you believe that you can become a spiker with your height?" 

He nodded with a smile, which left you a bit confused as you were just making a small joke about his height. Regularly, someone would be a bit dejected if you were to say such a thing, leaving you to apologize the next second. Your friendly smirk came back aft your confusion left.

"It's true that I'm not very tall. However, I can jump!" He said still smiling, picking up a bag that was previously on the floor. You felt a rush of wind fly through your hair, it felt as if crow feathers were being pushed across your structure. You were shocked, its as if he was far more determined now than deflated. Your shock, turned into a smile. 

"I'm looking forward to it..." You said leaving your hand out, waiting for him to complete your sentence and shake your hand. He happily, and excitedly took it, shaking it to the point where you were a bit concerned your hand might actually fall off.

"HINATA! I'M HINATA SHŌYŌ!!" He said loud and excitedly, letting go of your hand. You gave him a wide smile, suddenly getting excited for this 3v3 match.

"I'm (L/N) (Y/N), but you can call me (Y/N)!" You replied, he returned the smile. His eyes suddenly went big, which made your eyes go big too.

"NICE MEETING YOU (Y/N)-SAN, I'M SORRY I HAVE TO GO, I MIGHT BE LATE FOR DINNER!" He said running away, sloppily carrying his bag to his side. You sighed, and smiled watching his figure run and slowly disappear in the distance. Looks like luck really was on your side today, as your life is already getting a bit more exciting. 

"See you soon, Hinata Shōyō."

---

A/N: HeYa! It's me, the author! Now, now, this is a Sugawara x reader and there wasn't enough, or- any- Sugawara action in this one. SoRry, I just want to use the first chapter to introduce the story, I promise chapter 2 will have a lot more! Anywho, thank you for reading my first book, feel free to- uh- er- keep reading-! HAha- I'msorryImadethisprettyawkward-