- Chapter 9 -

"Do you believe I'd fall for OINKAWA out of all people?"

You were now walking home with Sugawara as usual, it's only been 5 days since you've met Oikawa, and you two already texted like best friends. You put your phone in your pocket, when you didn't receive any texts by Oikawa or anyone else.

"Hey, (N/N)." Sugawara said looking in front of him.

"Hm? What's up?" You asked slightly turning your head towards him. He kept his head up, but brought his eyes to the floor before adding to his words.

"You've been talking to Oikawa a lot recently." He stated the obvious. You nodded laughing a bit.

"Well, I'd feel bad if I just didn't answer." You replied, continuing the walk. You both continued walking, yet it felt uncomfortable and awkward. Silence. Something that was never found between you two. It was always you or Suga who started a conversation, but for once, for some reason, you couldn't muster up a conversation.

You most definitely didn't like this, infact, it seems that you and Sugawara have communicated less and less after the Aoba Johsai practice game. You squinted your eyes at this odd silence, closing them shut eventually. Until, opening them once more when you heard Sugawara let out a small, 'Ahem.'

"So, I thought you were going to start calling me by my first name. Uhm. You did that one night, but never did again after that." He said avoiding eye contact, you turned your head up as if to signal you were thinking. You slowly nodded shortly afterwards.

"Yeah, well, y'know. You said calling you Kōshi might signal that we're dating, and you don't like it when people think we're dating- cause we're not and all..." You explained moving your head downwards, unfortunately making it awkward again.

"Oh right, I just thought, you wouldn't care and do it anyways... cause that's what you usually do, or- what you used to do." He said, with a hint of disappointment in his voice, you could obviously tell. Before you could apologise or say anything else, he added to his dialogue.

"Are you and Oikawa-san... dating?" He asked slowly, stopping his movement to look at you, you stopped too, looking right back at him. You raised a brow questioning his question.

"No...? I already told you I'm not gonna date him, what makes you think that?" You asked back at him, confused as to why he asked. He nodded once, slowly as if he understood what you didn't even explain.

"You've just been texting him often, we're best friends y'know, we haven't really spent time with each other in a while." He said, looking at the floor.

"You came over last week, didn't you? Suga- Kōshi? Uhh, Sugawara, if you want to spend more time together, just tell me. It's not too difficult." You explained, he nodded looking back up at you.

"Okay, well, do you think we could call tonight, and study together then?" He said with hope.

Hope, Hope is when you wish something is going to happen, but you actually aren't sure.