- Chapter 22 -

"Do you believe we're a couple now?"

You sat on the floor staring at your cold lunch, with your knees huddled up at your chest. The lights were dimmed, the air was cold, and the mood was tiring. You've been like this since you woke up this morning, still feeling quite guilty of the situation you'd been put in with Oikawa.

Yet, suddenly there was a knock on your door, which got your attention quite quickly. Before you could get up to answer it, the door was opened. Entering the room, you saw Sugawara.

"Hey, you still sad?" He said, sitting down next to you in a similar position.

"Just a bit." You said, looking at him, then back at your meal. He simply sighed with a smile whilst looking up at your plain ceiling.

"Well, I came over to ask if you wanted to go out on a walk." He said, now turning to you with a gentle smile, you couldn't help but smile in return.

"Yeah, that'd be nice, I do need some vitamin D." You said, stretching as you stood up, Sugawara following your steps and standing up with you.

"I'll be outside, you should change, it's pretty cold out there." He said, you nodded as he headed outside. You turned to your dresser, about to change into your sweater of choice.

---

You exited your house, to be greeted with Sugawara staring at the distance on your porch.

"I'm done changing." You said simply, Sugawara swiftly turned his head to you, slowly smiling at the image of you. He extended his hand towards you, expecting you to comply, and of course, you did. You two took off on a walk, starting off by exiting your neighborhood.

"So, are we going to do anything special on this walk?" You said, grinning with an eyebrow raised, Suga copied your expression whilst answering.

"Well that depends if we find something special to do or not." He said, looking in front of him once more. You did the same, until getting lost in your thoughts and looking up. You continued to do so, until Sugawara called out your name.

"Hey, we're crossing the street now, you should pay attention." He said, scolding you as you looked back in front, while walking across the road hand in hand.

"So, (Y/N)." Sugawara started, as you just exited the neighborhood. You looked to him slightly, until looking back ahead.

"What do you think you'll be doing after highschool?" Sugawara asked, which made your eyes squint. The topic has been brought up before, but you'd usually evade the question, yet now, you knew you couldn't.

"Well, let's see..." You trailed off, thinking as you two walked. Sugawara eventually found an empty bench, and you two sat there as he awaited your response.

"Well, I mean, I think a career that involves anime would be cool." You finally replied, looking towards him with a curious smile.

"Oh yeah, sometimes I forget that you're really into that stuff." He said, scratching his chin.

"Mhm, I don't know what'd I'd be though, animating is cool, but I'd get unmotivated quickly, voice acting is also pretty nifty, but I don't want all that attention, and all the other jobs are too much work for me-" You were about to continue ranting about how much work it is to work in anime industries, but Sugawara thankfully interrupted you before you could get too carried away.

"Seems like you want a job where you don't have to work." He stated the impossible and obvious, making you pout, even when knowing he's right.

"Yeah, but that's literally impossible." You said sighing, sliding down the bench a bit with your arms crossed.

"Well, why not getting a job in Quality Assurance?" Sugawara suggested with his index finger pointed up, this got your attention.

"Huh? What's that?" You asked, getting back into a casual sitting position on the bench, genuinely curious about this mentioned job.

"Oh, well basically you check and observe the quality of something, like an object, videogame, or an anime. You check for any errors, and stuff like that. That's all I know about the job though." He said giving you a nervous, closed eye smile while scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, well, it doesn't sound that bad.." You trailed off once more into your thoughts. This did seem like the ideal job for you.

"I mean, if I get to at least entertain myself, I'd be willing to try it." You said, now putting your index finger on your chin.

"Hey, what about you? What are you planning to do after highschool?" You asked, turning to him curiously.

"Oh, well, I think I might become an elementary school teacher, to keep things simple. Plus, I've had a lot of practice dealing with children this year." He joked, referencing to the first years on your team, which indeed made you laugh, until you went to a stop, and proceeded to smirk.

"Oh? I didn't think you'd be so into kids Kōshi~" You teased, elbowing him, he seemed to perk up, turning to you, blushing with a displeased look on his face.

"Don't say it like that..." He pouted, turning opposite direction after responding. Making you just laugh at his embarrassed actions.

"And you're one to talk, you haven't even had your first kiss yet!" Sugawara said, attempting to throw something back at you, but that teasing smirk appeared on your face once more.

"Oh? And you have?" You asked, knowing he hasn't kissed anyone except his mother on the cheek. Making him displeased once more. You sat there, satisfied with his reaction, yet you still didn't know when to stop.

"Hmm, well how about we fix that?" You added on, not actually meaning your words, yet this somehow caught Sugawara's attention, and you of coursed noticed, making you perk up.

"Fix that how...?" Sugawara said, squinting his eyes as he slowly turned back towards you, making you quite flustered yourself.

"Oh- I- uhm- Uh.. I dunno- what does it sound like, huh?" You obviously stuttered, yet you tried to keep your composer. Sugawara, grinned as he noticed that you weren't as sly as you seemed. So, he decided to take advantage of the situation.

"You mean, fix it with a kiss?" He asked, leaning towards you with a playful grin, you couldn't see the grin though, you were too flustered for your own good, and Sugawara clearly saw that, so instead of teasing you any further, he went back to his spot, confusing you a bit.

"Hey, that's mean y'know." You pouted, now knowing you weren't getting the kiss you desired, yet wouldn't be able to handle.

"You did the same thing." He made a point, making you pout, then sigh, knowing he was right. You two sat in a comfortable silence on the bench, watching a couple cars go by.

"Suga." You started, still staring in the distance.

"Yeah?" Sugawara replied, doing the same actions as you.

"Do you believe we're a couple now?"

This didn't make Sugawara flustered, but instead made him laugh a bit, which confused you.

"Well, (Y/N), I don't think it'd be very fair to not call us a couple, after what we just did." He replied, still laughing, with that smile you loved. There was a sparkle in your eyes, a sparkle that contained hope, a truthful hope.

---

A/N: IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE!! Okay, SO- I will be adding 'Do You Believe' onto my new Quotev account, due to the new Wattpad drama I've been hearing, I doubt this book will be taken down for being inappropriate, but I'd still like to have a back up just in case!  My username on Quotev is the same on Wattpad! 

ItsMellowHere

alSO- SO SORRY THESE CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN GETTING SHORTER AND SHORTER- AAAAA- ILL TRY TO MAKE THE NEXT ONE SLIGHTLY LONGER- ANYWHO SEE YOU ALL NEXT CHAPTER 

💖💖💖