- Chapter 3 -

"Do you believe I really like him like that?"

You practically slept through first period, who knows how you got away with that. You sat at your desk, pondering what to do next. Until, you of course figured it out.

"SHIMIZU!" you yelled running out the door to class 2 on the third floor, sense you're in class 3 it didn't take long. When you peeked your head in the classroom you saw her writing something down in a notebook. You didn't want to grab any attention, you've already done enough of that, so you just walked to her desk regularly. 

"Shimizu, hello!" Shimizu noticed your presence, and close her notebook to look up at you. When she realized it was you, she gave off a small smile. 

"Oh, hello (Y/N)-chan. Can I help you?" She replied, still slightly smiling. This made you smile in return, nodding your head as well.

"Yes! Suga isn't gonna be available this lunch period, so I was wondering if I could hang out with you?" You asked with hope in your eyes. Her smile faded as she closed her eyes to think, after a couple seconds, her smile returned.

"That'd be fine, I'll pick you up at your class." she answered, you jumped up with excitement, attracting a bit of attention, and not to mention scaring Shimizu a bit.

"Alrighty! Thank you Shimizu, sounds like a date!" You said, skipping off back to class, after all, 2nd period is starting soon. 

---

The bell rang, causing your head to go up. You grabbed your belongings getting ready for your school lunch get-together with Shimizu. You turned your head back to your bearded friend.

"COME BACK TO VOLLEYBALL!" You yelled loudly, getting some attention from others. Once again, he continued to panic. Yet, suddenly you heard the door open, leading your head towards it. You saw none-other than your best friend Shimizu! You grabbed your back and head out with her, sadly once again leaving Asahi... or was that the safer option?

You're now walking side by side with Shimizu, you weren't too sure on where you were going actually. You were just following Shimizu. Curiosity got the best of you and you decided to ask where you two are heading.

"Hey Shimizu! Where are we going?" You asked still walking the same pace as her, looking ahead. Shimizu turn her head to you, but then back to her front.

"You'll know when we get there" She responded, leaving you deflated. You couldn't help, but think of all the possibilities. We could be going to the cafeteria... a classroom... the gym... the roof- WAIT THE ROOF! You screamed in your head. You turned your face towards your friend to ask.

"Shimizu! Are we going to the roof!?" You asked with a hint of excitement. She looked towards you, raising her brow. She shook her head, leaving you confused.

"Why would we go to the first floor if we're heading to the roof?" She asked, giving you the answer. You were absolutely befuddled, how on Earth did you get to the bottom floor without noticing. Does it really take you that long to think to yourself. You two continued walking down the school hallway, you still curious where you were heading.

---

You guys took a while, but you arrived to the gym. It's not like you were complaining, but why the gym? You go there everyday anyway, then you started thinking. Even though Shimizu is your best friend, you never really ate lunch with her. She was usually busy when you asked her, is this where she spends her lunch?

"Hey Shimizu, do you eat here often?" You asked grabbing your lunch. She did the same, thinking of a response.

"Not too often, usually I'll be delivering things from class to class." She responded, unwrapping her bento. You smiled knowing that she doesn't eat lunch alone. You two ate your lunch in a comfortable silence, until Shimizu decided to ask a question.

"What are you doing after high school?" She turns to look at you. You think about the question before answering.

"Not too sure really, but I'll find out eventually! What about you?" You repeated the question, turning your head towards her. She looked down at her bento before answering.

"I'm not sure either." She responded simply, making you laugh a bit. She couldn't help but smile too. Sugawara's smile is contagious, but your laugh could make anyone smile or laugh along. The funniest part is that your laugh changes all the time, whether its an funny, but ugly laugh, or an adorable giggle, it can make someone feel happy in an instant.

"What do you think is gonna happen once we graduate...?" You asked, you two sat in silence once more waiting for her response.

"I need to find a new manager." She replied, you looked up to the roof of the gym. You started to lean back, and suddenly fell back first onto the floor, Shimizu got up in worry to see if you were ok.

"(Y/N)..?!" She said awaiting your response, your eyes widened, she copied your actions in fear you might've actually hurt yourself.

"OH MY GOSH! THE ROOF IS SO HIGH, I NEVER NOTICED UNTIL NOW!" You yelled quite loudly, but quiet enough to contain your voice inside the gym. Your friend sighed in relief, giving you her hand so you could get up. Luckily, your bento box wasn't on your lap, so you still a lunch to eat. Once again, you two ate in a comfortable silence waiting for the next subject to be discussed.

"So, do you really like Sugawara?" She asked way too monotonous. You jumped from your seat it shock, she lifted her head as your figure was now above hers. Your face was ever-so-slightly tinted pink, you tried to shake it off before responding, but you of course failed.

"WHAT?! WHERE'D YOU GET THAT IDEA?!" You practically screamed, your voice embarrassingly cracked at the end of your sentence. She raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"You were always teasing him about you two being a couple. He would always tell you to stop lying to people, but you'd just laugh it off." She stated from memory. Your blush grew in embarrassment, its true you used to do this, but stopped after the middle of your 2nd year, you couldn't recall why. The memory came to your head, you and Suga were talking to each other before a practice match in your 1st year. Someone walked up and asked if you were a "thing" who knows who they were interested in, but you wouldn't let them get the chance. So you said 'YERP! We've been dating for 4 years!' at least, that's what you remember. You sighed before your next response.

"Do you believe I really like him like that?"

She nodded, turning her head towards her bento. Your blush faded as you looked down on your bento. Once again you started thinking...

Why did you stop?
---
A/N: AH! Hello! Sorry for a semi-late update, I'm busy with school. I'M ALSO CONFUSED? HOW AM I #26 IN Sugawaraxreader - AHH- THANKS! Anywho,, that's it for now haha- hope you enjoyed today's Ted talk.