- Chapter 6 -

"Do you believe in the words of our past?"

You laid on your side, re-reading volume 1 of [favorite manga series]. Though over time, you got bored and logged into your laptop to find something to do. Yet, you again failed. It was like you were distracted, yet you weren't sure what was distracting you.

You flew backwards on your bed of frustration as you were unable to find anything entertaining. You closed your eyes a bit, trying to sleep, but again, you failed miserably. So instead, you looked at your ceiling, bored as ever. You couldn't sleep, so instead you closed your eyes to think.

Sugawara Kōshi

Your eyes opened, you two just arrived home about 30 minutes ago, yet he popped up in your head. A new thought came to mind.

"Sugawara Kōshi..." you whispered to yourself, you thought before talking again.

"Kōshi Sugawara" you switched the names around. You continued to repeat the names, switching them around each time. Until you finally stopped, you raised your torso, turning yourself into a sitting position.

You grabbed your phone, due to your new realization. You scrolled through your contact list looking for his name, once you found it, you clicked call. You waited for him to answer for a while.

1 minute

2 minutes

3 minutes

4 minutes

5 minutes

6 minu-

He finally answered, you sighed in relief. You had a very important question to ask, of course, the question was important in your eyes for some reason.

"Hello, (Y/N)? Is something wrong, we just saw each other." You heard through the phone.

"SUGA! SUGA! SUGA! I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!" You yelled through the phone, on the other side he was distancing the phone from his ear. The poor guy had it on speaker mode.

"Uh- what is it (Y/N)?" He asked still startled by your yelling.

"Is there anyone else who calls you Kōshi besides your family?" You asked with curiosity

"Mmm... no? Why?" He answered, adding another question.

"I was just curious! I noticed that I don't hear your first name unless I come over to your house!" You answered, which then added another question to your head.

"Why doesn't anyone call you Kōshi? WAiT! Is it some dramatic, sad, scary backstory thing?!" You asked again with more curiosity and excitement.

"HUH? NO NO- It's just more formal to use surnames." He responded, freaking out a bit at the beginning