is it just me? pt.2

a/n: thank you sm for 90k!!! so sorry i've been mia, life has been k wording me recently. hope this makes up for it! a part 2 for the previous one shot.

Word count: 907

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had been two weeks since your phone had flashed with Lance's text. Your heart still skipped a beat when you thought about it. You couldn't believe he had texted you; he had been so adamant about ending things your mind had raced trying to work out why he had texted when he had.

Winter break had begun and although you had replied, eventually, to Lance's text he had suddenly become too busy to reply once again. You were afraid this was going to happen; it had always happened when you were together. You understood completely that racing was his number one priority and you could never be upset if he chose that over you, especially now you weren't together. But it did always cause a pang in your chest when he would choose F1 over and over again, every birthday, anniversary or graduation was second to his career; and while you understood you would have liked for him to be there for some of the milestones in your life you had been there for him. It was largely why things had ended and you had to continue to remind yourself while you pined after him thinking about his texts.

The week you had communicated had been tough. A lot of questions circled around your head and Lance had been unable to answer them while he wrapped up the season and much of the excitement and apprehension you had when he first messaged had disappeared once his replies became less frequent until they stopped completely.

You were back in the position you had been when you first broke up, wondering if his friends had to look after him and if he cried in the shower thinking about you. This time though, you were angry. He had no reason to message you, it wasn't even productive conversations just causal chat while you caught each other up on the things you had missed while you had not spoken. Then just as you were ready to ask him what he was thinking texting you again he had ghosted you. The rage surged through your chest and you had to calm yourself down while you walked through your apartment, your face stony and your phone blank.

A knock at the door interrupted you from angrily pacing your kitchen. You hesitated, your heart beating and a part of you hoping it was Lance. You shook your head, it obviously wouldn't be him, he was busy doing whatever with whoever.

You hurried to the front door and your breath caught in your throat when it swung open and revealed Lance on the other side. You stared at each other for what felt like a long time before he coughed awkwardly and you snapped out of it. You didn't know how to play it, nice or horrible? Part of you wanted to slam the door in his face.

"come in" you sighed and stepped to the side to allow him plenty of space to enter your apartment.

Lance's eyes twinkled slightly and you caught what you thought was a look of relief flash across his face as he stepped into the warmth of your hallway.

"thanks" he smiled at you sheepishly when you closed the door behind him. It hadn't made it much better, now you were just staring at each other awkwardly but in the comfort of your own home.

"I-" You started as Lance opened his mouth to speak. "you go first" you said.

Lance took a deep breath. "Look, I know I haven't been replying but every time I go to type I never know what to say so I thought it would be better to do it in person". You were intrigued now and you motioned for him to go through into the living room to sit on the sofa.

Lance looked around and took in the familiar surroundings before making himself comfortable in his usual spot on the sofa. He had missed you. "i miss you" he followed up, once you had joined him on the sofa. "I'm so sorry it ended the way it did but i can't do this without you".

The tears formed in your eyes and it almost made you laugh at how quickly he had made you a mess. Lance was saying everything you had wanted him to, for weeks and weeks you had missed him and wished you could share your life with him again. But you knew this wasn't a fairy-tale and it couldn't always end the way you wanted it to. You sighed and stood up, Lance copying you instantly, worry etched across his face.

"I love you Lance" you started and he smiled softly as if he knew that wasn't the end "but this isn't going to work. All the problems we had before will still be there. Nothing has changed." The hurt on his face made your heart ache and regret your words instantly, but you knew this is what needed to happen. You kissed his cheek softly, savouring him being in your life. "but I think you should go."

Lance looked defeated but said absolutely nothing while he walked across the room and to the hallway. He said nothing when he opened the door. He said nothing when he smiled at you sadly and he said nothing when he kissed your cheek and closed it behind him for what you both knew would be for the last time.

f1 one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara