i hope pt.2

a/n: another part 2! hope you guys like it

Word count:658

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next day you woke up still angry that Daniel had had the audacity to speak to you the night before. You didn't understand why he had done that to you. He had no right to speak to you after what he had done to you and you were proud of yourself that you hadn't crawled back into his arms like you desperately wanted.

You got up and sorted yourself for the day. You had no plans but you thought you probably owed your friends an explanation for just disappearing.

You stepped out of your flat into the rain and laughed quietly to yourself, of course this is the weather. You continued down the road and bumped into someone coming up the steps as you went down. What was it with you and bumping into people.

You looked up to apologise before you realised that you'd bumped into the same person you had walked into last night. You sighed and rolled your eyes. "did you not get the message yesterday?" you asked Daniel, trying not to get lost in his lovely brown eyes.

He looked at you shocked; you hadn't been this confident when you had been with him but he thought it suited you. "I wanted to come and explain as you didn't let me yesterday" he replied and shrugged in the process.

You scoffed, "i didn't let you because I don't want to hear it" you crossed your arms defensively "what is there to explain? you cheated on me and I left because I couldn't believe how stupid I was to put up with it. What more could you possibly want to say?" You looked at him, properly this time. He had clearly not slept very much; his hair was unruly and his eyes were bloodshot. Your mind raced considering he had been with a girl when you had seen him last night and knew it wouldn't be because of you that he had been up all night. That was until your eyes were drawn to his tear stained cheeks, not even the light rain could hide those, and your heart softened slightly, maybe you should hear him out.

Daniel looked at you hurt. "What you said last night, it really wasn't like that ba-" he stopped himself, it would do him no favours to start using pet names. "There's no 'us' for anything to happen, I met that girl last night. I didn't even know you would be there!" He explained, his voice raising as he became more agitated. "you blocked me before I could explain anything" he continued but you raised your eyebrow at him. "We didn't kiss, I don't know how they got that angle I swear". He pleaded with you and something about the look on his face made you want to believe him.

"Then why didn't you say anything?" you queried. "You had all morning and all you could say was a good morning text? I find that hard to believe Daniel". You knew it stung him when you called him Daniel but you didn't care.

"By the time I had found out about the article you had blocked me and moved out. I came home straight after the race. I went looking for you. I stood outside your flat for days, wondering if I should knock. I tried to give you notes but they were always returned I got the message then." You were confused, you hadn't sent any notes back and in the days immediately after the article you wanted nothing more than for him to reach out to you. You didn't know where to go from here.

You softened. "oh Dan" you sighed and hiseyes lit up ever so slightly as you looked at him. "what have we gottenourselves in to?" you asked quietly and he chuckled lightly. Both of youknowing you had a lot to sort out but that it wasn't over just yet