27. Lando Norris

a/n: this is for  elizabeth100306 i hope you like it!

Word Count: 703

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- shut up with all that soulmate shit -

You had been friends with Lando Norris for the past three years. You had to admit to yourself though that for the past year, you definitely had developed feelings for him. You had managed to hide them mostly successfully so far. Only Max had noticed how you really felt but you knew he'd never say because you were confident he had forgotten by the next race.

You didn't mind being just friends with Lando, well not at the moment, you weren't sure how you'd feel if he eventually got a girlfriend or anything. You knew it would happen eventually but you didn't want to think about it until it was a possibility.

Today you were just chilling at Lando's house. It was something you did often and he had even given you a spare key for when he was at races just in case he needed you to check he hadn't left the oven on. It made you roll your eyes and laugh that it would even be a possibility that he would have done that.

You were waiting for him to get home from France so you had made yourself comfortable on his sofa and had put some Netflix on in the background after the race had finished. You weren't sure if he was expecting you to be there but he had never complained before that you had been there after a race so you didn't think it would be a problem this time.

The sound of the key in the lock made you look up from your phone, the smile creeping across your face before you could stop yourself. Maybe you weren't as subtle as you thought you were.

The door opened and Lando smiled widely when he saw you. "Hey" he greeted you warmly and it made your heart skip a beat. "I wasn't expecting you to be here" He continued and it made your heart drop slightly but his smile had stayed so maybe he was only joking.

He laughed at your expression, "I'm happy to see you, calm down" he said and you visibly relaxed. He always managed to read your feelings without you wanting him to.

You got up and gave him a hug, taking a deep breath as he squeezed you back tightly, you were sure he could have felt your heartbeat quicken at the action.

"What are you doing here though?" he asked jokingly once you had separated and you had made your way into the kitchen. You smiled back at his infectious laugh.

"You know how it is, your tv is better for watching my soulmate Tom Holland on so thought i'd use it while you were away" and then you blushed furiously realising that everyone compared Tom and Lando so you had just given it away massively. You were just hoping Lando hadn't noticed the bright red colour you had gone and in doing so you had missed the flash of hurt that crossed his face when you had said that.

"Shut up with that soulmate shit" he laughed and your face fell ever so slightly, which he noticed out of the corner of his eye. You'd always thought Lando had been your soulmate, platonic or, well you hoped romantically, but he had just crushed that right in front of your eyes. You had to try and play it off.

"Don't believe in soulmates Norris?" You teased and turned to face him whilst leaning against the counter, hoping you came across more relaxed that you felt. You were sure your face was still bright red and that he could hear the pounding of your heart against your rib cage.

He surprised you by stepping closer to you and resting his hands on the counter behind you, trapping you against him. You looked down quickly, too embarrassed to meet his eyes.

"I just think someone else might be your soulmate" He whispered and you looked up at him then, confused. He was smiling at you and you couldn't help but smile back.

"Who might that be?" You queried, the same teasing tone still evident in your voice.

Without replying, Lando pressed his lips to yours gently and that was all the answer you needed.