groupie - Alex Albon

a/n: groupie by jaiden was the inspo for this one and felt like Alex deserved a one shot as I haven't written one about him yet

word count:534

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex was close to punching a wall. He had been completely played by his, well now ex, girlfriend. He paced up and down his drivers room, this is not what he needed right now. He couldn't believe he had once thought he was so lucky and now it felt like his life was crashing in around him and yet he had to focus on the race tomorrow.

It had all started when he met a girl at the race at Silverstone. She was perfect and everything he had ever wanted in a girl. She was funny, smart and thoughtful and to top it all off she was the most gorgeous girl in the entire world. They had clicked instantly and he had felt so lucky that she had chosen to be with him even though being an F1 diriver meant that he travelled all around the world and couldn't spend all his time with her. The first red flag should have been that she didn't mind and she instantly dropped everything to travel with him. At the time he thought it was a good sign, that she could see it lasting and that she was willing to make the effort.

The first thing that happened was that she constantly stopped to take photos when she was in the paddock. She always posed for the photographers and especially posted the ones of her and Alex on her instagram, earning her a few thousand extra fans. Alex wasn't followed by that many people as it was, not that he minded he cared more about racing but he couldn't understand why it was so important to her when she was supposed to be there for the race.

It took some time for him to realise that her only motive was to use him. The times where they would go to an event together and she would leave him to find the cameras and he would go and find his friends before she returned and demanded they go back to the hotel. He didn't really like the events as it was but eventually it started to wear thin that she wouldn't spend any time with him. She had been this perfect girl and he couldn't understand why she would pretend to love him for the fame and the money.

He was more angry at himself that even after he had called time on their relationship once he had wised up to what she was doing and had sent her back to England, she had him completely fucked up.

He knew he just needed her in his life and he thought about her even when the lights went out in his room at the end of the day and when the lights went out on the race track yet he knew it was the worst idea to go back to her.

He had fallen in love with a groupie and even though he knew it was wrong he couldn't forget about her just yet. With that he sighed and climbed into his car to start his first race weekend without her by his side.