Josslyn pt.2 - Max Verstappen

A/N: two part 2s in one day? i know i'm spoiling you, enjoy !

Word count:795

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You woke up early. You hadn't slept well you were too upset and anyway someone was hammering on your door and you wanted it to stop.

You pulled yourself out of bed slowly, hoping that if you took a long time they'd just leave and stop bothering you. You opened the door ready to turn away whoever it was. Max stood in front of you. He hadn't looked like he had slept either, his hair was all over the place and his eyes were sad and bloodshot.

"Max- I-" you started but he kissed you before you could. When you pulled away you were breathless but confused. He was the one who had slept with someone else, and had told you about it. But he had come all this way, he must have changed his flight to an earlier one, you knew from your old plan that he wasn't due to be back until this evening. You smiled slightly to make him feel at ease. You hadn't said anything else and he looked incredibly nervous.

You stepped out of the way of the door to allow him to walk into your flat and his face softened immeasurably when he saw you weren't going to slam the door in his face.

"Hi" you said and smiled again at him as he walked past you and you shut the door behind him and followed him into the living room. "I wasn't expecting to see you" you continued "well, ever again really" you said sheepishly and looked down on the floor, but not before you caught the hurt that flashed across his face.

"I had to see you" he began "I'm so sorry for hurting you, I couldn't just leave us like that" he said as he stepped towards you and wrapped his arm around your waist so he could pull you into him.

That was the thing with you and Max you thought as you looked up at him. You were already so compatible and easy together. It was always enjoyable just spending the day messing around with him and that's how you knew you had started to fall for him.

"You were the one who had to sleep with someone else" you reminded him. The anger from yesterday bubbled back up and you attempted to calm yourself down again, there was no use being angry about it now. It had happened. It depended on what Max did next.

"I know" he said, and lent his forehead against yours so you instinctively closed your eyes against his comfortable touch. "I'm so sorry baby"

Your heart fluttered, he had only called you that once before he decided it was weird but he must have seen the effect it had had on you then and the effect it was having on you now. You wanted nothing more than to forgive him and potentially have a go at being a couple but you had no idea what Max wanted, he might have just called you that to get back to sleeping around with you.

You hummed in response and opened your eyes to stare directly into his, to try and read his face, and see if there was a semblance of remorse at what he had done. Luckily for you, Max's emotions were written all over his face. This was something you had gotten good at in your two year friendship. When F1 articles claimed Max was stone cold, you could tell just from the picture they had included exactly how he was feeling.

You could tell how much he was hurting and that gave you slight hope that maybe he did want something more from your arrangement.

"Please say something" Max said quietly and you refocused your attention to his arms holding you close against his chest and just how close he really was to you. You tilted your head up and met his lips with yours. Hoping that it would be enough of an answer for now.

When you pulled away you and Max smiled softly at each other. "I guess... I forgive you" you teased and Max rolled his eyes at you.

"I really like you" he said instead which shocked you. "Josslyn meant nothing, I didn't even think you liked me back" he continued and your face fell that he believed that.

"I really like you too Max" you said and kissed his cheek softly, hoping that a rare form of gentle affection would show him that he wasn't just a fling for you.

Max's grin and twinkling eyes told you everything you needed to know about how he felt about you. "Lets see how this goes then yeah?" he asked apprehensively and you nodded in response content to stay hugging in your living room forever.