healthy competition - Lando Norris

A/N: in honour of lando going to the top golf near my house while I'm at uni (rip) I've chosen to write this one shot. If you've never been, you basically try and hit golf balls into targets and depending which target you hit depends on how many points you get. Its sick.

Hope it's ok, I will write about other drivers I promise !

Let me know what you think and if you'd like a one shot at all, I am working on the ones people have requested they'll be up soon I hope.

Word count:839

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and your boyfriend had gone to the Top Golf by your town

You and your boyfriend had gone to the Top Golf by your town. You didn't do it very often but you absolutely loved it there and the sense of competition it created between you and your boyfriend made it even better.

You had just set up your bay when you heard a weirdly familiar giggle two bays down. You were a massive fan of F1, thanks to your boyfriend in part, and when you peak over the bays to see who it was, you were startstruck when you realised it was the young McLaren driver Lando Norris. You'd always had a bit of a crush on him and your boyfriend was not the biggest fan of it, not that you'd ever leave him for Lando but he always seemed to get oddly jealous when you mentioned him, joking or not.

You knew you had to go over and say hi to him, but you also didn't want to bother him or cause an argument between you and your boyfriend, who you could tell hadn't noticed it was Lando Norris giggling a couple of bays away. You subtly looked over again to see if he had noticed you and were taken back when a pair of piercing brown eyes met yours. You blushed and turned around quickly, you had to focus in an attempt to try and beat your boyfriend and get Lando Norris out of your mind. You'd never been amazing golf but suddenly you knew you had to at least try. You swung and managed an ok score. Your boyfriend was much better than you but was staring at you weirdly as he had noticed that you were blushing.

You took your place at the table whilst your boyfriend set up for his turn. You turned around to watch what Lando was doing and found yourself surprised when you found that he was looking back at you again. Your boyfriend was oblivious but you felt guilty and looked away after smiling at him softly.

Lando took this opportunity to come over and speak to you. He was filled with a somewhat false sense of confidence, he could tell you had a boyfriend and that's who you were here with but he wanted to try and get your attention anyway. He had a plan for that and he was unusually quiet as he walked over to you.
"Hey" he said quietly, making you jump and turn towards him not believing that Lando Norris had come up to talk to you.
"Hi" you smiled back, half watching your boyfriend walk over to the two of you, anger clearly evident in his eyes.
"I was wondering" Lando said, turning this time to your boyfriend who had now joined you at the table, "if you'd be interested in a competition?" He smirked slightly and you saw his eyes sparkling under the harsh floodlights.
You knew this was only going to end badly but you were curious about what he could be talking about.
"What kind of competition?" Your boyfriend asked, easily rising to the challenge Lando had thrown down and you watched as his eyes flickered over to you and then back at Lando, understandably annoyed.
"We play one game of golf" he paused, looked at you reassuringly, smiled and continued "and whoever wins gets the lovely.." he paused and looked at you.
"Y/n" you managed to stutter out, not believing what was happening.
"Deal" your boyfriend replied immediately. You were a bit pissed off they were treating you like a prize but curiosity got the better of you and you let them battle it out.

Your boyfriend confidently lost and you were unable to process what actually happens next, whether you would go back with Lando or stay with your boyfriend.
Before you could ask anything your boyfriend spoke "well a deal is a deal I guess?" He scratched the back of his head in bewilderment, he didn't know what was going to happen either. I mean you weren't too bothered about Lando winning if you were honest but it did put you in a difficult situation.
Lando laughed, "I'm not actually going to steal your girl but I would like it if she came on a date with me" he looked at you and grabbed your phone before putting his number in it. "I think that's a fair compromise for me absolutely destroying you mate"
You laughed then, partly at his joke but also in relief. A date you could manage.
"I think that's fair" your boyfriend said and shook Lando's hand. "Enjoy the rest of your night" he said and Lando took that as his cue to leave.

You went on your date with a Lando, as you had promised him. And then a second date, and a third and before you knew it you'd broken up your with your boyfriend to follow Lando, your new boyfriend, around the world to all his races. You couldn't quite believe it but you were the happiest you had ever been.