birthday celebrations - Daniel Ricciardo

A/N: this bad boy is for @advoccoo and is probably not as dirty as the title would make you think it was. Hope its not too awful. Thought I'd mix it up with the drivers this time, Danny Ric being everyone's favourite I know.

Word count: 898

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You walked into the pub on the edge of the Silverstone race track

You walked into the pub on the edge of the Silverstone race track. You sighed, you felt like you spent more time here than your own bed, it was probably true too, you'd been here 8 days in a row working 12 hour shifts each time. The owners didn't care, your captivating green eyes attracting customers and racing fans alike so wanted you to work as much as you could, not that they spent much time there themselves.

It was the Wednesday before the F1 grand prix at Silverstone so you knew it was going to be a busy one. You just didn't know it was also going to be a messy one.

You settled into your usual routine, used to pouring pints and drinks for customers whilst also chatting and making sure they'd give you a tip, desperate for money to go on a holiday as far away from a race track as you could possibly manage.

A customer has managed to grab your attention, you meet his eyes and smile slightly, he's handsome, and he knows it, and you know its Daniel Ricciardo, one of the Renault drivers for F1. You get his drink and get to talking to him, he tells you its his birthday which earns him a free shot and a cheer from his pals across the pub. You recognise them too, other F1 drivers, Verstappen, Norris, Albon and Russell, the younger ones who could get served in England but not so much in other countries on the calendar.

You get distracted by another customer and you watch Dainel skip off to his friends, them all huddled together closely, whispering, you rolled your eyes wondering if he was turning 30 or 13.

Before you know it, Max Verstappen is standing at the bar, desperately trying to make eye contact with you for a drink and quite clearly another agenda that you were dreading finding out about. You wander over to him.

"How can I help?" you smile at him, skeptical about what they've been whispering about for the past 10 minutes and knowing that as he's at the bar looking micschevious that it had to have been about you.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come and join us? and by us I mean Daniel, he literally will not stop talking about you" he chuckles and looks back at his friend and gives him a thumbs up.

You just roll your eyes and laugh. "I'm working, I can't just leave even if its a fit f1 driver's birthday drinks"

"so you think he's fit?" Max asks, excitement clear in his voice and you could see his brain working out a plan to get you out of your job. "Wait right here!" He says before you even have a chance to reply about how attractive you find Daniel.

You sigh and turn back to start serving more customers. Eventually you feel a pair of brown eyes looking over the bar at you. You know its Daniel and you reluctantly walk over to him, suddenly nervous because you knew Max would have told him what you said.

"hey" he smiles at you and you melt again slightly at the return of the combination of Australian accent and bright smile that reaches all the way to his eyes. Before you have a chance to say anything he puts £100 worth of £20 notes into your tip jar and says "would that make it ok for you to come and sit with us?" then wiggles his eyebrows at you making a slight blush creep across your cheeks.

"Maybe, I don't know if its enough" you grin at him and raise your eyebrows suggestively. Before you know it all four of the other drivers have done the same meaning you just made £500 worth of tips in one go. Speechless, you just nod at him and come round from the bar leaving the other person working there on their own. "Well, I guess that has convinced me" you laugh and follow him over to the table where the boys have made space for you, right next to Daniel.

You thank them and spend the rest of the night getting to know them all, well ok, mostly speaking to Daniel. You can't help it if you're distracted by his smile and his laugh and the fact that his hand has been on the lower half of your back since you sat down.

Before you know it, its closing time and the boys all slip some extra money into the tip jar as you're saying goodbye to Daniel.

"Come to the race with me on Sunday?" he asks and his eyes are pleading you to say yes, not knowing that there's nothing more you want to do in the world but spend more time with him.

"sure, I'll be your good luck charm" you smile and put your number in his phone so you can find him on Sunday.

You go to Silverstone on Sunday and have the best day with Daniel and the rest of the boys you met. You end up quitting your job at the shitty pub and falling for Daniel whilst he flies you around the world with him to all his races. You no longer want to get as far away from a race track as you possibly can because there is no where else you'd rather be than by Daniel's side in his pit box every weekend.