3&38. Kimi Raikkonen

a/n: hope this is ok, this is for miaweston424 :)

Word Count: 618

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- apparently all our friends have a bet going that we end up together -

- if you want to kiss me just grab and kiss me its not that hard -

You had been a journalist for Sky F1 for the past couple of years. You had enjoyed every second of it and especially interviewing the drivers. Well if you were honest it was one particular driver that you had become close to.

You found him difficult to read though, you had no idea where you stood with him and you couldn't tell if interviews were flirty or just how he was. You had heard from all your mutual friends and being in the same circle meant you had a few, had a bet going that you were going to end up together. You just didn't see it happening.

As if on cue, he appeared for his interview. Kimi sat in front of you and gave you a small smile which you gratefully returned. You didn't think you were interviewing him first, he normally goes somewhere else first but before you could hit record, he put his hand over yours. The electricity made you jump and then blush slightly, embarrassed you had reacted that way in front of him.

"Apparently all our friends have a bet going that we end up together" he said and it surprised you that he would even be aware of the bet, or think to speak to you about it.

"Apparently so" you said and looked at him properly. It was useless, you couldn't read his face at all and he had already removed his hand from you. You wondered if he had felt the same electricity as you.

"Interesting" He hummed in response and all you could do was nod slightly as the cameraman had entered the room to conduct the interview.

Kimi was the most confusing man you had ever met and throughout the interview all you could think about was that tiny interaction. You hated that you couldn't read anything about him and he never gave anything away. You didn't even know if the feelings you had were reciprocated and your friends had only made it worse by that stupid bet. You made a mental note to give them a piece of your mind once the interview was finished.

As you packed things away once Kimi had left and you had finished interviewing some of the other drivers, you felt a presence behind you. You turned and Kimi made you jump. You weren't expecting him to come back and see you. He laughed at your surprise and you smiled at him.

"I wasn't expecting you," you confessed.

"I could tell" he replied, a teasing tone in his voice.

"Something you need?" You queried, it was not unusual for Kimi to visit after the interviews were finished but especially after earlier, you weren't expecting to see him so soon.

"just wanted to see you" he shrugged, oblivious to the effect that had on your heart rate. You nodded in reply and continued to pack everything away.

An uncomfortable silence fell over the two of you. It was unusual, normally you were one of the only people who could have Kimi actually chatting and laughing and yet here you both were, him silently watching you and you silently putting paper into folders. You hated it, it was so awkward you didn't know what to do.

A surge of confidence made you turn around and face Kimi, it surprised him but before he could say anything you said "if you want to kiss me just grab and kiss me it's not that hard" you huffed. Kimi didn't react and you mentally cursed yourself for reading the situation all wrong.

Just as you turned back to continue tidying up, Kimi crossed the short space between the two of you and crashed his lips against yours.