7. Max and Charles

A/N: suuuuuuuper sorry, third year is kicking my ass. hope everyone had a sick christmas and new year

This is for the lovely KleinesEinhorn17

Hope its worth the wait lol - its probably not !

Word Count: 663

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Are you flirting with me?" "You finally noticed?"

Max was pacing his hotel room. It was the first race of the new season and he was anxious about seeing everyone again after such a long break. He shook his head. He didn't care about everyone he was just kidding himself. He was only nervous to see one person.

Charles Leclerc.

They'd had a few conversations over text message and sent each other a few memes over the break but by all means it was not an easy friendship between the two of them and Max was most worried about whether he wanted it to be a friendship at all.

Max didn't know if he had pushed Charles away by making some of the messages flirty. He'd always had a thing for him. He was protective of him especially as it was Charles' rookie year in f1 and Max was basically a pro. They'd shared secret conversations throughout last season about their worries about the future and whether they were good enough to continue racing for their respective teams.

This was what had made Max fall for the sweet brown-haired boy. He thought those conversations had made them friends and yet in press conferences, on the track, in the paddock and even in the halls of their hotels Charles had ignored Max until he wanted something from him and that just made Max fall more and more for him.

Max didn't know what it was going to be like to see Charles again. The messages had been strained and he was determined to not let Charles use him the way he had the previous season but he was unsure he would be able to hold out once he saw him.

The car ride to the track for practice was an anxious one and Max had chewed his lip the whole way but once he had stepped onto the tarmac under the blazing Melbourne sun with the sounds of the garages buzzing through his ears he had calmed down. He was home and Charles was not going to change that.

As he walked through the paddock, he saw the person he was dreading. He tried to sneak past but Charles caught him just when he thought he was in the clear.

"You look alright" Charles grinned at him and Max could have sworn he saw a wink "although looks like you need to keep up the gym small guy" Charles chuckled to himself and Max just stared back. "What? got nothing to say? I'm surprised you always have something to say, getting me in trouble at press conferences"

Max managed to compose himself. "I'll keep getting you in trouble then, what are you going to do about it?" He raised his eyebrows and he saw Charles had lost some of his bravado now that Max was replying. By this time, they'd reached around a corner so no one would run into them.

Before Max knew it, he was being gently pressed against the wall and Charles hot breath was brushing across his face.

"Why don't I show you what I'd do" Charles said lowly, his face inches away from Max's, if he lent up slightly their lips would touch.

Max gulped. "Are you flirting with me?" He asked incredulously. It was all he had been trying to do for the past season and now Charles was doing it to him. Not allowed.

"You finally noticed?" Charles laughed and lent back slightly so there was more space between them and Max was sad as the cold rushed into the space Charles had occupied.

Max just shook his head "I've been trying to flirt with you for the past year!" and as he turned to walk away from Charles' shocked face he was grabbed by the t-shirt and a pair of lips connected with his.

Breathless, they pulled away from the kiss andsmiled shyly at each other "At least now we know" Max laughed and they continued walking the paddock in the Australian sunshine