11&12 - Carlos Sainz

A/N: Thank you for 1k reads!! cannot tell you how happy i was to see it

sorry I haven't posted I was drowning in work, I'm hoping to get a few up this week as next week is deadline week and i'm already stressed !

This is for @laraf1lover I hope its ok !

Word count: 826

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst thing is, that even after all of that, I'm still in love with you

did you at least think of me, when you were having sex with her?

You paced your shared apartment with Carlos. He was due back any second from his latest race.

The girl he had been sleeping with had forwarded you their entire text history and you couldn't tear your eyes away as their affair unfolded in front of you on the screen. You read as the texts went from friendly to flirty to arranging their next meet up over a period of about a year. You were honestly speechless as you read them, tears rolling down your cheeks and staining the t-shirt you were wearing.

Now you had the opportunity to confront him about what had happened and to see if he could explain why he would hurt you in this way. You didn't want to distract him from his race and you shook your head that even though he had hurt you more than you'd ever been hurt before you were still thinking about how it would effect him.

You'd had the chance to move all of your stuff out of your apartment already and you were glad about it. You were going back to your old flat, your housemates welcoming you back with open arms and a sadness in their eyes but you were forever grateful that they didn't press you too much and just let you deal with it the way you wanted to. You no longer wanted to live here with someone who clearly cared so little about your feelings. You just kept thinking about how long it had been going on and you had had no idea, that pissed you off more than anything, that he could continue to come home to you and make plans with you about your future and be sneaking around with someone else for a year. It was a lesson that was for sure.

You were disrupted from your thoughts by the sound of keys in the door. You were suddenly incredibly nervous as you thought about how much you'd planned how this was going to play out in the short 3 days that you had known about what Carlos had been up to.

"Hi baby" Carlos said smiling as he walked into the apartment. He walked over to you and you turned your cheek to him rather than going for the usual kiss. He stepped away from you and looked around the living room, he knew something was different but he couldn't place it just yet. You smiled back at him, you weren't going to kick off straight away.

"Hey Carlos, good race?" you queried as you stepped away from him, you needed to put some distance in between the two of you or you'd melt back into his arms.

"Not bad thanks, would have preferred it if you had been there to support me" he pouted but you'd had work and a more informative weekend than he could even imagine. You hide your scoff with a cough and pouted back.

"Sorry about that, work has been crazy" You stopped yourself from calling him baby and it sent a pang through your heart. "I have a question actually C" you took a deep breath.

"oh yeah? go for it sweetness" he looked at you innocently and in that moment your anger flared back up meaning you went off script, no longer caring about an explanation just wanting to leave.

"did you at least think of me, when you were having sex with her?" you asked innocently, the same way you'd asked about how is race went. His face completely drained of colour and he stood up quickly from the sofa and walked round to you before trying to grab your hands as you pulled them out of his grasp.

"I- how do you know?" he asked quietly, suddenly noticing that all the things that belonged to you that had decorated the apartment had gone and he pieced together the fact that you were leaving. "don't leave me" he whispered, stepping closer to you and you allowed it, your anger disappearing when you saw the tears that threatened to fall from his eyes.

You shook your head. "You know the worst thing is, that even after all of that, I'm still in love with you." You sighed and ran your fingers through his hair as he looked at you. You knew you had to leave but it was going to be the hardest thing you had ever done. "I'm leaving Carlos, we're over" you almost whispered the last part, afraid of it being true.

He begged for you to stay but you untangled yourself from him and walked towards the door, tears threatening to fall from your eyes but you knew this was the right thing to do.

"I'm going to win you back" he yelled as you closed the door behind you and part of you wished he was successful.