Chapter Sixteen

Oh my god! I've hit a 1000 reads! Thankyou so much :D I would love to start hearing your comments and opinions on the characters and the story plots :)

***

Alice POV

He betrayed me? Using all my strength in my paws I pushed him away from me which caused him to be thrown across the room. Growls erupted from my chest which echoed around me. I heard a cry across on the other side where Hayley was and I saw her stumble back into the machines, fear evident in her eyes, I couldn't worry about that right now.

Wh-why? Thea whimpered in my mind.

She began to retreat back and I could no longer feel her there. She was hurting, I hurt. There was a pain in my chest. I didnt even fully understand this mate bond and yet I felt betrayed, cheated, tricked. I had to leave this place. The old man was right, black wolves shouldn't have mates.

Hearing a scuffle I saw Alistair get back up, his eyes wide open. A flicker of fear flashed through his eyes before he composed his body and stood his ground. Why would he do this to me?

--

Alex POV

Three days after the challenge.

Damn it. I scowled down at my phone as I opened up the last chest I could afford on coin master, I tried to get the last card for the stupid card set for more spins. I threw my head back against the wall in frustration. Stupid game. I angrily thrust my phone back into my pocket and stared at the door to Alistairs office. He hadn't allowed anyone to go in since Alice had fainted. No one could understand why she was still asleep, she should have woken up after a few hours. Poor little wolf. Well big wolf. Letting out a sigh I shook my head before heading to the kitchen for some food. I guess I wasn't going to get to speak to him today.

Digging into a bag of doritos, my vision suddenly went dark as hands wrapped around my eyes. A giggle that sent a chill through my spine echoed around me and I couldnt help but feel myself cringe.

"What do you want Rosie?" I almost growled out her name, but I composed myself. I wouldn't stoop down to her level. I shook my head getting her to drop her hands and she walked round the kitchen island with a pout on her lips.

"Aww come on Alex, we could have so much fun, you and me," she purred as she leaned up onto the counter. She fiddled with her stupidly long blonde hair and fluttered her eyes at me. I just scoffed at her and went back to eating my doritos. I could hear her stamping her feet like a child which just made me smirk.

"Not today, not tomorrow, not ever," I told her as i placed another chip into my mouth. I saw her eyes furrow and her lips pouted again in annoyance. "You have a mate out there somewhere Rosie, you honestly think he will want you like this?" I saw her flinch when I mentioned her mate before she ran out the room. My heart ached at the word mate. Where was mine? All I has ever wanted was a mate, and yet here I was 23 and still to find her.

My wolf let out a small whimper, he never spoke to me anymore. I could only ever hear him make small whimpers, whines and sometimes howl. He felt as though he had given up looking for his other half, I understood how he felt. Although i was still able to shift, I was no where near my best. I would never let anyone know that though.

Rosie suddenly let out a squeal as I heard footsteps enter the kitchen. I sat footsteps, they were more like feet being dragged along the floor. Alistair looked a mess. His eyes were all dark from not sleeping, his hair was all frazzled on top of his head and I dont think he had showered in about a since the fight. I thought the squeal from Rosie would have been out of fear after what happened a week ago since Alistair made her submit but no. What happened next, I never would have guessed in million years would have happened.

Rosie ran up to him and flung her arms around his neck and pressed her lips against his. Without any hesitation, Alistair wrapped his arms around Rosie and fell deep into the kiss. What the fuck just happened.

"Ahem," I fake coughed trying to break them apart. The fuck was he doing, he had a mate! Someone to love! Someone to cherish! Someone to protect! Regis howled in annoyance with me. Alice wasn't even our mate and we was pissed. Rosie giggled before pressing her face into his chest pretending to be all embarrassed.

"What?" Alistair growled at me, his eyes were black and they were flicking backwards and forwards from his brown eyes. He was fighting with his wolf. This would definitely be about what just happened. I flicked my eyes to Rosie and then to him, indicating to him what I was meaning without actually saying anything. "If you have something to say Alex, then fucking say it?" I furrowed my brow to this, Alistair hardly swore or was ever angry really. He always kept a calm composure and kept his head on his shoulders. Its what made him a great Alpha. This was completely out of character.

"What are you doing?" I asked casually whilst I chomped down on my doritos once more.

"Nothing that concerns you," he snapped back at me, he grabbed Rosies hand and started to lead her down the hallway to the stairs. Oh no. Not on my watch he doesn't.

"Isn't there someone in the hospital you're forgetting?" I questioned chasing after them. I kind of wish I brought the bag of doritos with me though. Focus Alex, mates are on the line here.

"Oh you mean the 'black' wolf who can't shift, yeah. If she can't shift then how are we going to be mates," he hissed at me, he then pushed his face into Rosies neck and I could hear wet sounds and she started to make disgusting moaning noises. I cringed but stood my ground, no way was he fucking this up. He probably had already gone to far though.

"So what? shes your fucking mate, she's your mate for fuck sake. She will shift one day or another! You arrogant prick!" I shouted at him. Big mistake. My wolf was getting angry too, I could feel him surfacing which was odd, he never tried to push past my barriers. He had felt oddly protective of Alice, and watched her through my eyes out of curiosity. It was odd considering what she was.

His head whipped round to me, his eyes pitch black. Power irradiated from him, he wanted me to submit, I tried to struggle against it, I wanted him to understand how mates work. He had to stay faithful for her. He had too.

"How dare you shout at me, I AM YOUR ALPHA!" He roared out at me, Rosie cowered down on the stairs and I bared my neck, submitting to him much to mine and my wolfs annoyance. What the hell had come over him. He was love struck before, what had changed ? 

Fingers wrapped around my throat and I felt myself gasping for air, as I was lifted off the floor I struggled against his grip, clawing as his hand trying to get him to release me. Alistair was alot stronger than me, taller and bulkier too. I had no chance. He threw me backwards and I slammed into the wall, I felt the air pushed out of my lungs as I was left struggling to catch my breath.

"Dont you ever shout at your Alpha again!" He roared at me before turning his back and lifting Rosie up bridal style. He started speaking softly to her, letting her know she was safe before they disappeared upstairs. Seriously what the fuck.

With gritted teeth I continued to gasp for breath as I sat up and leaned against the wall. Alistair has literally never acted towards any of us like that before. Even when Mason nearly beat Alice he didnt even punish him. So what the fuck is going on. I gasped for breath again and clutched my chest as sharp pains down through my lungs. I had to protect Alice. I have to protect her from this.

***

Sorry for it being a short chapter but I wanted to get this one out. Next one will be longer promise!