Chapter Six

Alice POV

I laid by the creek all day; I don't think Alistair was coming back. Thea didn't utter a single word to me either, she was missing him. I think she was starting to believe he had abandoned us. I continued to listen to the water bubbling down the creek, it flowed so perfectly. Why couldn't my life be perfect like that. Anger was beginning to brew up within me, but before it could boil to far, I stormed towards my den, it was getting dark now anyway. Thea had warned me to never let my anger boil over or the darkness may come back. My nightmares were going to be back tonight though and I was afraid to go to sleep. Why did everyone always leave me, my mother left me, father left me and now my mate had left me. I grabbed my bear and nuzzled into her laying down curling tightly up into a ball. My tail curled around me protectively, the smell of honey and chocolate was still lingering strongly through my den and rather then filling me euphoria, it filled me with hate and distaste for Alistair. I longed for him to come back me. I wanted to go searching for him, but I knew he would be with his pack and that was too dangerous for me. If only I was a normal werewolf not a black wolf. Why does everyone fear us?

I'm sorry.

Finally, she speaks! I snapped at her.

I had felt lonely all day not hearing her voice, it was just the two of us, so not having her talk to me I had never felt so alone! I didn't blame her for us being a black wolf and she knew that but she often apologized for it. All I got was silence once again, thanks for nothing Thea. I know she was hurting just as much as I was but surely we could be there for each other? I nuzzled deeper into my teddy Thea trying to find a way to cover my senses, nothing worked though. I was so afraid today, I didn't want to be alone anymore. I had been given hope and now it had been ripped away all too quickly.

I attempted to go asleep unfortunately it all came too quickly, and nightmares swarmed my mind. Vampires attacked at all sides, Alistair just stood there laughing  and watching. Mason was on the vampires side, he attacked, chased and then disappeared. The only person who was there for me was Alex. But why? What could that mean? Was Alex someone that I could trust? I howled out in my sleep which woke me up, I jumped up growling hitting my head like I always do. 

A rustling sounded from the branches outside and Alistair appeared with a smile on his face. He was wearing a jumper this time with some baggy bottoms, I think I remember my father wearing them when he went out training. I growled at him, the nightmare was still fresh in my mind. 

I wanted to be mad at him, but at the same time I was happy to see him. My tail betrayed me because it twitched and wagged ever so slightly from the happy emotions I was feeling. Letting out a huff, I withdrew myself from growling and set myself on the ground. Why was he here so late, the moon was high it must have been about midnight?

"I'm sorry its so late, I had Alpha duties all day," he apologised, he gave me a big smile when he saw that I was wagging my tail, I began to feel bad then that I had thought he had abandoned me. I forgot he was an Alpha. Uncle Luke was always busy looking after the pack, he always told me he would try and make time for his little princess though, he always called me that after I asked if that was what I was. If only I was strong enough to protect the pack back then.

Alistair had made his way deeper into the den whilst I was deep in thought,  I quickly pulled teddy Thea under my protective custody. I watched him carefully, as he sat down a couple of tail lengths away from me.

"I know its late, but I wanted to try and get to know you. So I know it will be hard and it will be yes, no questions but can we try?" he asked, I thought about it for a few moments, I wasn't sure on what he could learn about me. I had been a wolf for most my life, there wasn't much he could know. Eventually I nodded to him and he looked happy with my answer, he gave me a grin which made Thea purr and it made me feel fuzzy inside. I didn't understand what I was feeling, I wish someone could explain it to me. Reaching deep into his pocket he pulled out a a folded up piece of paper. Had he been working on what to ask me all day?