Chapter Twenty

Alex POV

One week ago

We had just had lunch when Alistair announced that the vampires were on their way. No one even had chance to prepare. I found it extremely hard to contain my anger and frustration so I stayed hidden and out of the way. but an hour later the whole pack was stood outside staring at the vampires that climbed out of the van that parked in the centre of the training field. My palms got sweaty and a lump formed in my throat. I still couldn't believe Alistair sold his mate and to them.

The bruise was still evident on my eye from his anger when he found out she was gone, I was lucky he didn't kill me. He still doesn't know I let her go, he thinks she escaped. I hung my head down trying to avoid the vampires gazes as they went to the back of their van. There was three of them all together. All hidden under black robes, probably trying to avoid the sun. No one really knew if they burned up in the sun or not. No one knew what was myth or what was truth. There wasn't many packs that survived to tell the tale...

"You'll pay for your disobedience when we get back mutt," one of the vampires growled out which made me flinch, he was tugging at something at the back of van and That's when I saw a huge black wolf jump out of the van. My eyes opened wide out of utter shock. It was bigger than Alice was. Much bigger. Its eyes a bright amber color that looked full of suffering and pain, it didn't look very fierce but it still looked terrifying. I could see the wolfs muscles bristle with every step and the way it carried itself showed power. It let out a small whimper as it was pulled along to stand  amongst the vampire which made me realise who was really in control here.

"Come wolf," The vampire at the front of them said, his voice was full of authority and power. He was clearly the leader of them. He walked over and grabbed the lead from the other vampire and tugged it along to stand in the center of the field. I clenched my jaw and felt shiver go down my spine. Who was that wolf?

"You must be Candide?" Alistair finally spoke after a few moments of silent. "My name is Alistair." Alistair tried to pour out his Alpha energy, I could feel it but the vampires energy felt stronger. More powerful. Regis was angry though at my fear, he was clawing at my walls that I had put up, what was up with him lately? The black wolf had a flicker of confusion through his eyes and his head tilted. what was he confused about?

"That's King Candide to you," Candide spat out. I saw Alistair flinch and Rosie clutched onto Alistairs arm like her life depended on it. I looked away and down to the ground thinking of Alice. It was pathetic really, he had declared her Luna which the whole pack had actually agreed on. It was only me and Mason who actually opposed it. I was surprised Mason took my side to be honest. it was the last thing I would have expected.

'Please let's take this to my office?" Alistair suggested gesturing towards the pack house. I peeked up to see the wolf looking agitated on his paws. Something didn't feel right. Regis clawed and roared in my head as I attempted to suppress him. His anger was building, at what? I wasn't sure.

"Luke? Luke is that you?" A voice suddenly shouted across the clearly. My attention snapped to the elder running across the field towards the vampires and wolf. It was John. He looked so frail, I wasnt even sure how his body was running. I hadnt seen him run since I was a pup. His dull grey eyes were shining in the sunlight, he seemed excited. Before he could get any closer two pack members grabbed him and dragged him back. Even my wolf stopped fighting and chewing on my insides and just gaped at the commotion. The black wolfs eyes were gleaming and a flicker of life flashed through them before Alistair  had a couple of warriors drag his own elder towards the cells. Could this wolf really be Luke Locke?

I just stood there is disbelief that my Alpha just threw one of the elders into the cells. Its like a switch had gone off in Alistairs mind, he was not the Alistair I knew anymore. I hope Alice is doing okay.