Chapter Thirty Eight

Alice POV

These pancakes. This chocolate. Oh. My. God. Do you think now that I was an adult and free from the vampires I would be allowed to live on them? Alex hadn't kept his eyes off of me the whole time I shovelled each mouthful in. It really couldn't have been a pretty site, they just tasted so good. I couldn't really remember what my mum's tasted like which caused my heart to feel heavy with grief. Anger began to consume me at the same time as I remembered that frightful day when I last saw her.

"You okay dove?" Alex calmly asked me as he leaned up onto the island in the centre of the kitchen. Looking down to my now empty plate, I contemplated telling him what was really on my mind. The last time I was here, everything went so badly. I was scared to let my guard down.

"I s..suppose," I mumbled out as I gently placed the fork onto my plate. I gave Alex a gentle smile and wrapped my arms around my self before hopping off the stool. "They were really nice, thank-you."

"Alice you can talk to me," Alex said softly, his eyes were filled with concern. I could see he was fighting his wolf, the amber of of his wolf's iris's were blending into the edges of eyes. It looked like a sunset was happening in his eyes, a watercolour painting done by an amazing artist. 

"What are your talking to your wolf about?" I asked nervously as I began to chew on my lip. A small grin appeared on his face  whilst he let out a little laugh. 

"You, mostly, he wants to mark you, don't worry, it won't be until you're ready," I could see his cheeks had gone a reddish colour when he mentioned marking. 

"Is that what Alistair did with Rosie?" I grumbled as I said their names. A sour taste rose into my mouth and Thea let out a small growl at even the thought of them.

"Yes," Alex bluntly muttered before grabbing my plate and putting it in the dishwasher. He didn't sound to happy about me bringing up them names either. "You don't have to worry about them anymore. Their gone, and if they did ever show themselves they won't be allowed on my lands. I'm the Alpha now."

I didn't have any words to that. I just raised my eyebrows and stood there quietly unsure on how to react. That was until I was startled by a sudden scream that went off directly behind me.

--

Alistairs mum. She was still here. My whole body went cold. Rigid. Taking in deep breaths I narrowed my eyes and just stared at her, waiting to see what happened.

"Whats she doing here?" Alistairs mum hissed at Alex. She recognised me. How many others were going to recognise me? I left here in my human form since the vampires were able to force me to shift when  my stupid Uncle had caused them to capture me. He owes me massively. 

"She has a name, and is to be your Luna," Alex growled back her which caused her to bare her neck in submission. Confusion clouded her eyes as she tried to work out what was going on. 

"My son isn't here, she isn't his mate anymore, shes not the Luna," she began to bite back once more. Clearly submitting to Alex once wasn't enough to keep her down. 

"I..I know he's not my mate," I hissed out angrily. I narrowed my eyes at her before looking back at Alex. He just nodded his head before giving me a smirk. Focusing my attention back on Alistairs mum, I couldn't help but let out a small snarl. "Alistair rejected me. Alex is my second chance mate."

Her eyes opened wide in shock. Her jaw dropped and I could see she had no idea what to say to me. So rather than waiting for her have some other insult to throw at me I decided to head out to the porch at the front of the house. After this encounter I didn't care if anyone else recognised me. I dealt with Rosie and showed remorse, I refused to kill her. 

The floorboards creaked as I perched myself on the steps to the porch and I leaned up against the handrails posts. A few seconds later the door clicked open for me and the scent of Alex wafted through my senses. Thea purred through my mind as his leg brushed up against mine when he sat down next me. 

"You okay?" he asked me softly. He reached for my hand and gently entwined his fingers through into mine. The touch of his skin against mine sent goose bumps up through my arm which sent my heart racing. 

"Just wasn't expecting to see her," I mumbled staring out into the open fields. To the left was the small arena where me and Rosie had our fight. I did that fight while blind and no training. I don't even know how I managed that. 

"Sorry, I should have warned you," he sighed into my ear, "seems you know how to put people in their place though." He had this stupid grin on his face as he looked down at me. "I need to tell you something."

"Tell me what?" I questioned.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" He asked as he looked out towards the wooded area across the field. 

"Well I first saw you when I lived in the woods," I mumbled as I looked down to the stairs before staring at his hand that had engulfed mine. My hand looked tiny compared to his. Was I supposed to be this small? 

"I mean the time when Mason had locked you in the cells," he muttered angrily as he recalled that memory. That was a bit of sore point. Mason had destroyed my face pretty much. I was bleeding, frail and just locked in some cell. I must have looked dreadful. 

"Why?" I questioned tilting my head as I looked into his eyes before focusing on his soft locks of blonde hair. He was quite mesmerizing to look at. A lot better to look at than them vampires especially.

"Alistair had claimed that you were his mate, but Theos was confused. He didn't say you were his mate, he stayed quiet, he found it actually quite hard to be around you and Alistair when you were both together," Alex went on, his eyes looked quite sad as he spoke about the memories he had, "and then the day that the vampires came for you, something broke in me. It felt like something snapped. The whole time you was here, my wolf was silently watching you and I couldn't work out why."

"He knew," I smiled. Thea continued to purr in my mind while I nervously laid my head on his shoulder.