Chapter Thirty Two

Alice POV

Mate

Mate? This isn't my mate? I thought we was going to see Alistair?

The familiar blonde hair was laid tussled thick on his head and he looked just as confused as me. His green eyes shone bright from the moonlight that bounced back from them and his body had froze as if he had turned into a block of ice. All he was wearing was a pair of shorts, his muscles were so defined it caused Thea to start drooling in my mind. There was probably drool hanging down from mine too.

The scent that wafted from him and surrounded my senses sent Thea wild, I found it hard to hold her back and stop her from breaking out. The smell was almost familiar, it was like a freshly baked smell of pancakes, I was always told it would be of flowers or fruit. This was like the day my parents died, the smell of the freshly baked pancakes with the Nutella that was thickly laid upon on it.  I craved a taste. 

I want to lick him.  Thea purred. Maybe he tastes just the same. 

The hell is wrong with her!?

"Okay well someone could slice a knife through this tension," a voice piped up, breaking through my thoughts. I flicked my eyes to him remembering their was other people surrounding us. Another familiar face caught my attention and I cringed away which made Thea whine as I moved further away from the blonde, what was his name? He had familiar short brown hair with dark blue eyes. Why were they so familiar? How were they familiar? 

"Were not here as enemies," Luke said as he walked forward holding his hands up. That's when I realised the blonde was the Alpha, the power the waved off him flowed over me which made me shudder, all it did to Thea was fill her with pride. He didn't say a word. It was the brown haired guy that spoke up. 

"What do you want?"

"We want to speak to your Alpha," Luke spoke. He was there? How did he not know? I looked to Luke before looking back to the blonde. Two warriors were stood tall in their wolf form behind the Alpha and Beta. Seriously how did Luke not know the two authority figures stood in front of him? 

"Luke.., um the blonde is the Alpha?" I questioned before anyone else could speak. Luke looked at me with a furrowed brow before looking at the blonde. The blondes gaze was still fixed on me. Seriously where had I seen these two before? It's not like I had seen many people in my life!

"Isn't Alistair the Alpha of Crescent Moon pack?" My jaw dropped when I realised where we were.

"W..wait Al..Alex? Mason?"

"Alice!?" Mason gasped, Alex still didn't say anything he just stared.

"What happened to Alistair?" Luke asked, interrupting us.

"He disappeared, who are you?" Mason growled as he edged towards me. 

"Luke Locke, Alice's Uncle," he growled back. 

"Enough!" I growled.

"Did you bring a vampire!" Alex suddenly roared out. Mason's head swung round to look at the cloaked figure behind me and Luke. 

"He's with us! He helped us escape!" I growled back at Alex squaring up to him. Thea didn't like my attitude to Alex. I still didn't quite believe he was my mate, I know my bond broke to Alistair but how did I have another mate? Black wolves weren't supposed to have mates, so I had come to the conclusion it must have been a trick.

"He's a vampire!" Alex snapped back.

"And what?" This time I was stood right up into his face, no fear, his Alpha stance didn't scare me. I had Alpha blood too. Being so close to him though we could feel the heat irradiate off of him. It sent Thea wild being surrounded by his scent. Truthfully it was sending me wild. What was wrong with me?

"They..they captured you? Took you away?" His voice and face softened as he questioned me.

"And this is who brought her back," Luke answered for me. 

"Didn't you take her too?" Mason bit back. Luke recoiled at his words and rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Not by choice," I pointed out with a sigh as I stumbled back away, Alaric continued to stay quiet. "So what happened to Alistair?" I grumbled at his name. Alex growled when I said it too and Mason looked at him with a confused look but Alex quickly straightened himself out.

"Like Mason said, he disappeared. After you left with the vampires, him and Rosie mated and they both left. I became Alpha after that," Alex said proudly as he spoke about him becoming Alpha.

"Weren't you the son of the Gamma? Shouldn't you be Alpha Mason with being the Beta?" Luke questioned, how did he remember all this?

"True, but Alex had his head screwed on more than me, I made wrong decisions. Alex was definitely the better choice. I'm sure he will make the right call on what to do," Mason said as he looked across to Alex. 

Alex was staring at me, his piercing green eyes were fighting with an amber colour which meant his wolf was trying to force his way out. 

LET ME OUT TOO!! 

Because that is going to be such a good idea. I growled back at her. 

Oh come on!! You're no fun!

"I don't feed on any actual humans," Alaric finally piped up, defending himself. He stumbled forward and dropped the bag of blood bags onto the floor. "I hadn't had a drop of blood for I don't know how long until a few nights ago. Stole these from a hospital few nights ago. This is all I drink. I'm not like the other vampires." 

"He was near dead, he saved us, so we saved him," Luke defended him. 

"Its true," I stared at Alex with pleading eyes.  

Stop staring. Look lovingly.

Shut up. 

"I can't promise the pack will receive you with open arms," Alex began, "the problem is, they didn't accept you Alice last time when you was a black wolf when you was blind. The pack has doubled in size since then though, many of them may not recognise you, many would have only caught glimpses when the vampires managed to get you to shift. The elders may recognise you though Luke."

Thea was whining in my head. He was going to turn us away wasn't he. My mate. I was to be rejected again. He couldn't turn us away surely? I still didn't fully understand mates, but I knew they needed each other. Maybe not. Alistair had rejected me.

"I never came here to stay Alex, I came here to settle a score with Alistair, he's not here," Luke spoke up, he had assumed they were still Beta and Gamma that's why he didn't see the Alpha aura, kind of makes sense now I guess. "We don't need to be here." he continued.  felt like a knife had just been stabbed through my heart. We were leaving?

Looking at the two warriors behind Alex and Mason I could see they had begun to relax at Luke's words. Alex had completely tensed up though, and his gaze had fixed onto me. I could see he was still fighting with his wolf.

"You can't leave though," Alex growled.

"I have a pack to rebuild, we are leaving," Luke growled back.

"You can leave, but my mate is staying," Alex growled at him, his gazed completely fixed on me. I felt everyone's eyes avert to me as well and suddenly I felt under pressure. Well this is awkward.