21

I was sitting on Sebastian's throne much to Josephine's annoyance. Sebastian stood beside me, his hand lightly placed on my shoulder. Josephine didn't like that Sebastian was just completely okay with me sitting on his throne. She still didn't see me as part of the family. She wouldn't until i was turned.

Currently, Sebastian was having a throne for me placed beside his. The workers set the silver throne decorated with small red rubies and even smaller diamonds down right beside his. My throne was bigger than Nate's and Abigails but smaller than Josephine and Florian's. Josephine and Florian's were on a foot tall platform, showing the hierarchy between the six of us. Sebastian told me that when he is crowned king, their thrones will be replaced with ours.

Sebastian leaned down next to my ear. "Do you like it?"

I nodded. It was slightly smaller than his but just as extravagant. "It's beautiful." he grabbed my hand, pulling me to stand. I sat down on my throne. He sat down in his. I turned to look at him. I smiled. "So why am i dressed up?" i asked him. I had on a light red cropped turtleneck sweater, a tight burgundy skirt, and as always I had my locket clipped around my neck.

He brought my hand to his lips kissing my knuckles. "Tomorrow's ball is for Abby's birthday. It will consist of people presenting her with gifts to show their commitment to our rule. The next ball will be more like the one you came to last time. Today is about making you ready."

"How are you going to make me ready?"

He smirked. "We'll teach you how to enter with me, how to address us and how others will address you, and how to properly dance."

"I can dance," i said in an offended tone.

"All you have to do is prove that to my mother."

"Sebastian, can we get to work?" asked Josephine.

He nodded. He stood up pulling me up to stand with him. We walked out of the ballroom to the hallway just outside. Sebastian gave me his arm. I placed my hand on his. "The two of us will be announced together," he told me. "I've never been announced with anyone so be prepared for some level of surprise."

The doors were opened and we walked inside. We walked at the same pace. We stopped in front of the balcony looking down at the empty ballroom. He walked me to my throne kissing my cheek before letting me sit down. He sat down on his. "That was easy."

"Good." he stood up and walked over to the balcony. He leaned against it looking at me. "Now when addressing my parents tomorrow, you must call them your majesty and you must curtsy low with your back straight. Nate and I will just be Prince Sebastian and Prince Nate, Abby will be Princess Abigail. You will be addressed as Lady Alexa."

"Am i not a princess?"

He smiled. "Not yet." he pushed himself off the balcony and walked back over to me. He held his hand out for me. "Now the hard part, proving you can dance."

I put my hand in his. I stood up. He pulled me to him. He jumped down from the balcony with me in his arms. He kept me from feeling the impact of the landing. "I can dance. i was that ball, i danced with Carlson and Austin."

"Well none of us saw you dance."

"Well that was because you attacked me."

He frowned. He gently placed his hand on my cheek. "You know i didn't attack you right?"

I leaned into his hand. "I know that now but at the time, i thought you were gonna kill me. That's why i ran. My blood has always made me a target of vampires and me being your mate didn't cross my mind."

He leaned forward kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry i scared you," he whispered. "When i saw you and when your scent hit me, i lost all common sense."

"I know."

He caressed my cheek. "How about we dance now and then we can get out of here?" i nodded. He waved at the small orchestra to begin playing. Soft music began playing. He moved my hand to his shoulder while holding the other. His other hand was placed on my hip. We started dancing. I followed his steps as we danced in a square. He tilted my head up to look at him. "Look at me not my feet."

I stared into his eyes as we continued dancing. My eyes moved around the room. "Sebastian?"

"Hmm?"

All around the room, in front of every door and every window was a guard. "Why are there so many guards? Or has there always been this many guards and i've just never noticed?"

"We increased security after the attack on the palace. There will also be an increase in security wherever you are."

"But-"

"You were taken right in front of me and i couldn't do anything to save you. Until i think it's safe, there will be guards on you at all times. There will be multiple outside your door and multiple on your balcony."

"Is that really such a good use of your men?"

"Keeping you safe is the most important use of my men." He wrapped his arm around my hip as he lifted me up off the ground and spun us around. He set me back down on the ground. Stepping away from me, he bowed and kissed my hand. I curtised for him. "Did i do okay?"

He looked up at the balcony. Josephine must have given him the okay because he nodded. "Wanna go upstairs?" he asked. I nodded. He pulled me back to him. He placed his hand on the small of my back as we walked upstairs.

"You weren't kidding about the guards," i said, finding myself pressing against him. There were four guards standing in front of my door. He held me tight to him. They opened the door for us. Sebastian closed and locked the door behind us. I walked over to the balcony, where i saw four more guards standing out on the balcony, and closed the blinds. I turned to Sebastian putting my hands on my hips. "Is all of this really necessary?"

He walked over to me placing his hands over mine. "Yes."

I walked over to my bed. "But it's so annoying," i groaned, laying down. I leaned up on my elbows looking at him. He walked over to me. He crawled on top of me holding himself above me. "Promise me this won't be forever." His lips descended on mine. It amazed me how good of a kisser he was. He gently nibbled on my bottom and top lip. His tongue would push past my lips to touch my tongue before retreating.

His forearm next to my head kept him above me. I bent one of my legs positioning him in between my legs. He gripped my bare thigh. He flipped us over moving me to straddle him. He grabbed my face to kiss me harder. He pushed his tongue into my mouth exploring every inch of it. "I promise."
***********************************************************************************************
Alexa's outfit

"***********************************************************************************************Alexa's outfit