24

I walked through the palace taking a closer look at the beautiful portraits that lined the hallways of the palace. I found myself wandering the palace whenever Sebastian left me to do his prince duties with Josephine.

I stopped next to my favorite portrait. It was the one portrait of Sebastian that he was actually smiling in even if it was a small subtle smile. I sat down on the floor across from it.

I had so many things to think about. Would i turn? Would i be his queen? Or would i grow old and die as a human?

I knew what Sebastian wanted. He wants me to turn, he wants me to be his queen. But he also says that he won't turn me unless i want to. Would he even let me choose? Or would he choose for me?

"You do know princesses don't usually sit on the floor?"

i looked up to see Florian. I smiled. "Not a princess," i chuckled.

"Not yet at least." he walked over to me and sat down beside me. "Might i acquire as to why you're sitting on the floor?"

"Thinking and i really like this portrait."

He turned to look up at it. "It's my favorite of Sebastian. Even as a child we could never get him to smile."

"What did you do to get him to smile?"

"I wished i remembered," he chuckled. "Then we'd always do it to get him to smile. But we might not have to anymore, he smiles a lot more now that he's found you."

I looked back up at the picture. Whoever painted this was able to perfectly capture the sparkle in his eyes that he has when he smiles. I laid my head on Florian's shoulder. "Can i ask you something?"

"Anything."

"If you had a choice, would you have turned or would you have stayed human?"

He hummed in thought. "i suppose i would've liked to choose to be turned rather than be forced but i want to think that i'd chose Josephine. I did love my family and i loved my life as a human but even after all these years, i love her more than anything in the world. I'd always chose her." i lifted my head up off his shoulder. "Sebastian will do anything for someone he loves."

I smiled. "I know."

"And i think that would include letting you live your life as you want even if that means he would lose you in the end." he stood up. He looked down at me giving me a sincere smile. "I'll leave you to your thoughts."

I smiled. He walked away leaving me alone with the portrait. I laid my head against the wall behind me. I closed my eyes. I sat there for a little while longer before standing up. I walked down the hallways back towards the bedroom. As i reached the stairs, a hand was placed over my mouth and around my waist. I was pulled into a room. My mystery kidnapper let me go. I turned around slapping them across the face. "Ow Alexa, why did you hit me?" Liam groaned touching his cheek.

"Next time use your words and don't grab me."

"Alexa." i turned again the see Elsa. "we don't have much time but i needed to speak with you."

"About?" i asked. "And how did you get into the palace?"

She waved me off. "That's not important. What's important is if you made a decision."

"I won't hurt him. I won't let you hurt him."

She walked over to me grabbing my hands. "We do not wish to hurt him or any of them. All i want is my sister and brother in law back."

My eyes widened. "Back? Impossible, you can't bring them back."

"We can but only if you help us."