28

I woke up to the delicious smell of hot vanilla coffee. I sat up and stretched. Instead of finding Sebastian asleep next to me, i found a folded piece of paper. I grabbed it opening it up.

Good morning, mea soare. When you're ready, there are rose petals leading you to your breakfast. I love you my beautiful mate and i'll see you soon

I smiled. I swung my legs over the side of the bed. My smile got wider as i saw red, pink, and white rose petals leading from the bed and out the bedroom. I grabbed a silk robe from the closet, grabbed my coffee mug, and walked out of the bedroom. Darrian smiled at me. "Good morning milady."

"Morning," i said, ignoring his use of milady. "Do you know what his plan is?"

"I've been ordered not to tell you anything."

I smiled at him. "Okay well, i'll be off i suppose." he bowed his head. I followed the trail of rose petals all the way into the library. On the small table was a plate of chocolate pancakes, strawberries, and little potatoes. I sat down to start eating and found another note.

Enjoy your breakfast my love.

I ate my breakfast quietly with one of the books opened beside me. When i was done, i followed the petals out of the library and into my old bedroom. On the bed was a long white skirt that was cut in an angle, a tight red crop top, and a pair of red strappy heels. On top was another note.

I picked out an outfit for you. I would love it if you would wear it but if you don't like it feel free to wear whatever you want.

I stripped out of my pajamas and changed into the outfit. I walked into the bathroom. I did my hair and makeup before i continued following the rose petals. I was led to the jewel room. The guard bowed his head as he led me inside. "The crowned prince picked out a necklace for you," he said as he presented me with a gorgeous red ruby necklace with small diamonds surrounding each ruby.

"Thank you, it's gorgeous."

"May i?" i nodded. I turned around and pulled my hair to the side. He clipped the necklace around my neck. It rested perfectly between my breasts. He walked me out of the jewel room.

I followed the petals away from the jewel room to the front gates. The guards bowed their heads as i walked out of the palace. I smiled when i saw Sebastian in the greenhouse waiting for me with a bouquet of red, pink, and white roses. I ran over to him jumping into his arms. "You look beautiful, mea soare."

I pressed my lips against him. He set me down on my feet, keeping his lips on mine. I smiled at him. "Now what is all this about?" i asked.

He smiled. "It's a surprise."

"What if i don't like surprises?" i asked pouting.

He kissed my forehead. "Well now that's just too bad." he grabbed my hand and we started walking. I laid my head on his shoulder. He stopped us in front of the stables.

A lady walked out leading a horse behind her. "Your horse is ready for your ride, my lord."

Sebastian took the reins from her. "Thank you." he walked the horse over to a stepping block. He climbed onto the horse first before extending a hand to me. He helped me to sit sideways on the horse due to my skirt. He had one arm wrapped securely around my waist to keep me from falling. "You ready?"

"Yes."

He whistled and the horse started trotting. We rode for a while in silence. He rubbed my hip and kissed my shoulder throughout the ride. He stopped the horse near a small beautiful lake. He got off before helping me down. Laid out next to the lake was a blanket with pillows and plates of food on top. "Bash."

He tied up the horse to a tree before wrapping his arms around me. "Do you like it?"

"I love it but i don't get it, i thought you were mad at me?"

He kissed the side of my neck. I leaned back into him. "I was mad but now we're having a picnic."

"But-"

"Do you want to have this picnic or not?" i nodded. He kissed my neck again. He gently pushed on my hips to get me to walk. I sat down on the blanket. He laid on his side across from me.

I leaned forward on my hands pecking his lips. "Thank you," i whispered.

"You are very welcome, mea soare."

I smiled. I looked down at the food. There were grapes, little finger sandwiches, a plate of spaghetti, cheese with crackers, and cookies. He watched as i ate. He didn't talk, just watched me. I threw a grape at him. He picked it up and ate it, winking at me as he did. "Why are you so quiet?"

"I just like being with you, away from everyone else."

"But that doesn't explain why you're so quiet."

"Because i like seeing you so happy and you're happy right now."

I crawled over to him sitting down against him. "I'm happy when you talk to me."

He wrapped his arm around me. His hand gently began to rub my bare thigh. "What would you like to talk about then?"

I ran my hand through his hair. "I want to know what this date is all about. Yesterday you were mad at me and now you're taking me on a romantic date. I'm getting a bit of whiplash."

"Alexa, finish the picnic and then we'll talk, i promise okay?"

I nodded. I grabbed a red velvet cookie with white chocolate chips. Sebastian grabbed my hand. He slowly and lightly kissed from my fingertips to my shoulder. He sat up beside me. He kissed from my shoulder up my neck to my lips. My eyes fluttered closed as he slowly moved his lips against mine. I rested my hand on his cheek. His tongue ran across my lips. I opened my mouth up for him. I moaned into his mouth. I pulled away from him. "You're very good at distracting me."

"You're just so tempting."

He leaned forward. I pressed my thumb against his lips. "Talk now, kiss later."

"You are quite persistent aren't you?" i nodded. "Close your eyes." i closed my eyes and sat up straight. He gently kissed me. "Could not resist."

"Bash-"

"Just keep your eyes closed." i heard rustling. He kissed me again. I smiled. "Open your eyes." i did as he said. He was kneeling down in front of me with a ring box. My eyes widened. "I love you. I know you're still figuring out your feelings for me and that's okay. Last night i realized that even though i was mad at you, i still wanted no one but you by my side." he opened the box. Inside was a gold banded ring with a pear shaped red sapphire stone and three small diamonds on each side. "Alexa lacroix, will you do me the honor of becoming my queen and allow me the honor of turning you?"

I grabbed his hand. "Bash. i love you, i know that now. And i will love you for the rest of my life but i can't turn. As a human, i can live a full life with you and one day see my parents again in the afterlife. If i become a vampire, there's a good chance i'll never see my parents again."

"Alexa, wouldn't your parents want you to live with me?"

"I don't know bash. I've never met my parents, i don't know what they would want. I'm thinking of what i want. I want to see my parents again."

"Alexa-"

I leaned forward kissing him. He didn't kiss me back. "Sebastian, i'd be honored to be your queen and your wife but please, let me stay a human."
***********************************************************************************************
Alexa's outfit

"***********************************************************************************************Alexa's outfit