5

I woke up the next morning with the chain still attached to my ankle. It was long enough that i was able to freely roam the entire bedroom, closet, bathroom, and balcony but not any further. I sat up. I ran my hand through my hair. I sighed. There was a knock on the door. "Come in."

The guard walked in. he held a tray of pancakes, watermelon cubes, bacon, and a glass of apple juice. "Good morning, milady. I have breakfast for you if you're hungry." I nodded. He set the tray in front of me. He moved to stand next to the door. I raised my eyebrow. "I was instructed to make sure you eat."

I sighed. I started eating slowly. "If you're going to watch me eat can i at least know your name?"

"Darrian."

"It's nice to meet you Darrian," i said eating a watermelon cube. "And you can call me Alexa, there's no reason to be formal with me when i won't be here long."

He raised his eyebrow in question. "And what makes you think that?"

"You can smell my blood can't you?"

He nodded. He took in a deep breath. "Rh null," he said his fangs coming out for a second before he retracted them. I nodded in confirmation. "if i'm being honest golden blood used to be a guilty pleasure of mine."

"And i'm pretty sure your crown prince shares in your same guilty pleasure."

"It's not my place to speak of the prince's intentions with you."

I finished eating my breakfast in silence. I handed him my tray. "I did wanna shower, is that going to happen with this chain on or do i get to take it off?"

"Given your recent escape attempt, i don't believe prince Nathaniel trusts that you won't try to escape again."

"So how am i suppose to shower with a chain on my ankle? I can't even take my shorts off with it on."

He sighed. "I will have to stand outside the door the whole time and the chain goes back on the moment you're done."

"Okay, fine deal. Let me get some clothes to change into." darrian followed me into the closet watching from the entrance as i grabbed clothes to change into after my shower. I walked into the bathroom. He bent down in front of me. He raised his eyebrow. "I'll be good, i promise." he didn't look convinced.  "There's no point in me fighting you, you're stronger and faster than me. I could probably make it down the hall before you caught up to me." he nodded. He opened the clasp. I bent my leg and rubbed my ankle.

"Please, don't make me regret this."

"I won't, thank you." i closed the bathroom door behind me. I stripped out of my clothes as i turned on the shower. I stepped into the shower letting the almost scalding hot water surround me. I closed my eyes, relaxing my muscles. I must of spent an hour just standing in the water before actually washing my hair and body. I stepped out of the warm shower and into the cold bathroom. I dried myself off. I changed into a pair of blue jeans and a simple white tshirt. I opened the bathroom door. I saw a blur behind Darrian. "Who was that?"

"What do you mean?" he asked feigning innocence.

"I lived with vampires my entire life," i told him. "I know what vampire speed looks like, someone else was in the room."

"You must be seeing things milady." he held the chain up. "May i?"

I nodded. "We had a deal didn't we?" he kneeled down in front of me clasping the chain back on my ankle.

He stood back up. "I'll be outside if you need anything." i nodded. He walked out of the room. I found myself watching tv the rest of the day. Darrian came back with lunch and dinner, watching me finish both meals before leaving me alone again each time.

I opened the door. Darrian looked at me. "Can you take it off for a minute so i can change?"

"Of course." he stepped into the room with me. He unchained me and turned around while i changed into pajamas. When i was done, he put the chain back on. "Good night miss Alexa." i smiled at him. He left my room. I locked the door, I turned off my light and crawled into the bed that i have started to slowly fall in love with.

I woke up in the middle of the night with the most blinding headache. It felt as though something was proding my mind, trying to get in. when vampires try to read my mind, i would feel a gentle and almost unnoticable poking in my head but this was something stronger than i've ever felt. A royal must have been trying to get into my head, unsuccessfully at that.

A shooting pain filled my head. I felt it behind my eyes, the side of my head, and on the back of my head. I started crying at the pain. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" i painfully screamed holding my head in my hands. The headache finally went away so i knew no one was trying to read my mind anymore. I cried myself back to sleep praying that no one would try to read my mind again..

It happened every night for the next five days. I could feel someone wanting to get inside my head but they never could. I scream and cry at them to stop everytime. Darrian never came into the room whenever i screamed out at the mysterious royal out to get me. He must have known who i was screaming at and he must have known that he wasn't allowed to interfer.

On the sixth night, i felt no one trying to enter my mind. I heard the window being opened and i felt the soft night breeze enter the room. I slowed my heartbeat down and kept it steady. I knew someone entered my room through the window. I lived with vampires so i could pick up on the quietest sounds that vampires made when they tried sneaking around. I don't think he even wanted to hide himself from me. I think he wanted me to know he was in the room with me.

I opened my eyes. i couldn't see him but i knew he was there. I knew he was watching me. He always watched me. He was always watching me when he thought i didn't know he was there. I could feel him there every night.  "I know you're in here," i whispered. I wrapped my blanket tighter around me. "Please, just go," i pleaded.

My breath hitched in my throat when i felt my hair brushed to the side exposing my neck and shoulders. He placed a gentle kiss to my neck. A breathless whisper left his mouth. "Mea soare."
***********************************************************************************************
Hello my lovely readers. I hope you all are doing well and staying safe. I wanted to get y'alls opinions on what type of story you would like to see me publish next along with the stories I'm at currently publishing. Your opinions will be so helpful cause I have so many ideas but u just don't know which stories to focus on/prioritize. Please reply or message me which of the following you would want to read:
Biker story
Prisoner story
Royalty story
Hitman story
Nanny story
Teen romance story
College romance story
Werewolf story (not part of the series I already have published)
Vampire story (not part of the series I already have published)
Mafia story (not part of the series I already have published)