8

I locked my door before going out to the balcony. I closed the balcony door quietly. I walked over to the wall. I climbed up looking down on the ground. I closed my eyes as i felt the morning breeze hit me. I turned to the side. I arched my back until my hands dropped to the stone wall. I kicked my legs up to a handstand before dropping back down to the splits. I stood back up on the stone wall. I took a few steps forward. I swung my arms back and flipped. I screamed when i was yanked off the balcony and into my bedroom. Sebastian set me on my bed. I grabbed my pillow hitting him. "What the hell is the matter with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" he growled. He ran his hand through his hair as he paced back and forth in front of me. "You were the one playing on the edge of the balcony. Damit Alexa, you could've fallen."

I stood up. "I'm a gymnast. I've done beam since i was three," i said. "I wouldn't have fallen. Gods, you gave me a heart attack."

"How do you think i felt?" he screamed. My eyes widened. He sighed. "How do you think i felt when Darrian came to tell me that my mate was doing gymnastics on the edge of her balcony?" he pulled me into his arms. I stiffened in his arms. His face went to the crook of my neck. He took in deep breaths. "I thought you were going to jump," he whispered in a broken voice.

I pushed him back gently. I put my hand on his cheek. "I may not want to be with you Sebastian but that doesn't mean i'd kill myself. I was just bored." he closed his eyes and gently grabbed my wrist lightly pressing his thumb against my pulse. "I am sorry for scaring you."

He turned his head kissing my palm. He closed his eyes breathing in my scent. "I have some work to do but would it be too much to ask if you would join me for lunch?"

"I'm spending the day with your sister."

"Could i at least walk you to her room?" he asked. i nodded. He moved his hand to my lower back. We walked silently to the other wing of the palace to Abigail's room. Abigail was playing on the floor with her dolls.

Abigail looked up at us and smiled. "Sebbie, are you going to stay and play with us?"

"Sorry Abby but i have some work to attend to. Maybe after lunch." Sebastian gently kissed the side of my head. "Have fun, mea soare."

"Bye Sebbie," called out Abby.

"Bye Abby," he said as he turned to leave.

I walked over to Abby sitting down besides her. She handed me one of the dolls she was playing with. I grabbed the toy brush and started brushing its hair. "Are you and Sebbie mates?"

"Yes we are."

"Then why are you still human?" she asked. I looked at her confused. "Mommy told me that mates turn the human after meeting them so that they can be together forever."

"Sebastian and i are mates but we aren't together."

"Do you love him?"

"No, no i don't."

She put her doll down. "Do you wanna play dress up?" i nodded. She stood up. She grabbed my hand pulling me to her closet. She looked through her clothes until she pulled out a dress with a simple red top and a black skirt with roses. "Let's go to your closet." i let her pull me back to my room. I sat down on my bed while she roamed my closet. She came back out with a long sleeve black shirt, a dark plaid scarf, and a suade dark red wine skirt.

"You have good taste for a seven year old," i chuckled.

"Mommy says a princess must always be presentable. She taught me the best way to dress," she said handing me the clothes. "Meet me back in my room." she skipped off.