27

Sebastian's POV

"What do you mean the stone of Loren has been taken?" i asked Alexa.

"Impossible," said mom. "the stone is guarded 24/7."

Alexa looked down at her hands. "They asked me to distract the guard."

I walked over to her. I lifted her chin up to look at me. "Is that the day i found you crying?" she nodded. "Why?" i asked.

"She said all she wanted was to bring my parents back." Her eyes started tearing up. "She promised they wouldn't hurt you. I'm so sorry, i just wanted them back."

I pulled her into my arms. I could hear her silent cries. I gently rubbed her back. "It's okay."

"No it is not," mom said. I turned to her. "Why wasn't i told about this right away?"

"I didn't think it was important," i said. I walked us over to my chair pulling Alexa to my lap. She hit her face in my neck. "Besides you know now and that's all that matters."

Mom growled. "Fine. we need to see if the stone was really taken." she stood up. She walked past us and out of the office.

I stood up setting Alexa on her feet. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm not mad mea soare. I get it, your family means everything to you." i kept my arm securely around her waist as we followed mom to the jewel room.

She stormed out. "It's gone." her fangs descended as she walked over to us.

I pushed Alexa behind me. "Don't come near her," I growled, baring my fangs at her. Mom and i glared at each other for a minute. She backed down, retracting her fangs. "She made a mistake but she is trying to rectify it now. Nate captured that hunter the other day right?"

"Yes."

"I will meet you in the dungeon," i told her. She nodded and sped away. I turned around and picked Alexa up holding her close to my chest. I walked us upstairs to our bedroom. I tucked her into bed kissing the top of her head. I walked out of the bedroom before she could say anything. Darrian was posted outside the door. "Watch her."

"I always do," he said.

I nodded before i sped off to the dungeon. Nate and Florian were waiting for me by the entrance. "Your mother is in there torturing one of her prisoners. You damn well know she only does that when she's angry so what in the hell did you do?"

"I hid from her that Alexa's parents were the leaders of the hunters and she helped them steal the stone of loren."

"Sebastian," dad growled.

"I didn't think it was important for her to know about Alexa's parents," i said. "And i only found out about the stone today."

Nate had the guards open the doors to the dungeon. "Mom is gonna kill everyone in there." dad and i looked at each other and i realized he was right. We walked into the dungeon. We found mom beating one of the prisoners.

Dad walked into the cell. He wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her to him. "You can't kill the prisoners, my darling."

"I'm queen, i do as i want." mom looked over at me. "You can't allow these things to happen if you want to be king," she growled at me. I didn't say anything. "You need to control her."

"Don't tell me how to be with my mate."

"She allowed one of our most precious artifacts to be taken by an enemy that almost killed you. An artifact that i was entrusted with to protect. Do you understand that not only is it dangerous for the stone to be in someone else's hands but you betrayed me?"