32

Sebastian and i walked out. We walked over to the balcony looking down at the ballroom filled with vampires and the occasional human. We headed down to the ballroom floor where a council of vampires would lead the coronation. Josephine and Florian followed behind us and stood in the middle of the six council members.

"Prince Sebastian," said Sebastian. "Do you swear to protect and guide your people until a transfer of power or your death?"

"I swear." he was handed a goblet. Inside the goblet was a drop of every vampire council member throughout the world. Sebastian drank it all.

Josephine stepped to Sebastian. She took off her crown. "It is my pleasure and honor to transfer my title to you." he knelt down in front of her. she placed the crown on top of his head. Sebastian stood back up. "I hereby pronounce you King Sebastian Vasile, long may you reign."

"Lady Alexa," Josephine said, turning to me. "Do you swear to protect and guide your people until a transfer of power or your death?"

"I swear." i took a deep breath before taking the goblet that was handed to me. I quickly drank the blood.

Josephine stepped in front of me. Florian took off his crown, handing it to her. "It is my pleasure and honor to transfer my title to you." i knelt down in front of her, letting her place the crown on top of my head. I stood back up. "I hereby pronounce you Queen Alexa Vasile, long may you reign."

We turned around to look amongst the crown everyone kneeled except for Raven and Xavier standing at the back. Instead they bowed their heads in respect. Sebastian bowed and i curtised for everyone. Just like with Abby's birthday celebration, one by one everyone presented us with gifts. Some were extravagant while others were smaller.

I smiled as Beth, Carlson, Cece, and Austin walked up to us. They bowed for us. "My king, my queen, our gift to you is your mother and fathers wedding bands. We have been saving them for your wedding day."

I felt myself tear up. "Thank you," i whispered, smiling at all of them.

"Thank you," Sebastian said. "We'll have them welded to our rings as soon as possible."

More and more vampires presented us with their gifts. Raven and Xavier were the last to come up to us. Raven curtsied and Xavier bowed his head. Raven had on a lavender high low dress that had ruffles from the waist down. They both wore elegant crowns showing their status. "Our gift to you is the lifting of princess Liliana's spell on queen Alexa."

"What's so important about lifting the spell? Once i turn her, no one will be able to compel her anyway."

"The spell keeps me from being able to turn. Once she lifts it, i will be able to be with you forever."

"Do it," Sebastian said, not taking his eyes off of me.

Raven stepped back. Her eyes turned silver and she began to emit a silver glow around her body. "No!" someone yelled. We all turned towards the voice. The crowd parted. Liam pointed a gun at us. "No, she's mine. She's always been mine."

I put my hands out in front of me. "Liam, just put the gun down."

"No," he shouted. "She promised me. You were promised to me."

Sebastian stepped in front of me blocking me. "Leave now or there will be consequences," he growled.

A shot rang out. Sebastian fell backwards. I caught him in my arms and fell to my knees. My eyes widened at the bullet wound in the middle of his forehead. "Bash," i whimpered. I looked up at Liam. "you killed him."

"Don't worry, love," he said, pulling out the green sapphire stone. "You won't even remember him." he opened up the stone. Raven grabbed my hand transporting us to Liam as he said the spell.