7

I sipped on my tea as Josephine sipped hers. She invited me out to the gardens for afternoon tea. I think she wanted me out of the room given that i was holed up in there for a week. The two of us didn't bother talking. She looked over paperwork while i just relaxed. Her phone started buzzing on the table. She picked it up and looked at the screen. "Sorry, dear do you mind if i take this?"

"Of course not," i said standing up. "Could we have tea again tomorrow?"

She smiled. "I'd love to." she looked over my shoulder. "Darrian will take you back to your room."

I nodded. I walked into the palace where Darrian was waiting for me. He walked alongside me to my room. I walked inside while he took his post outside my door. I saw a black dress box on my bed. I walked over to it. I grabbed the folded letter on top and opened it.

Alexa,
I would love it if you would join me for dinner tonight.
I bought a dress for you that you could wear if you want but feel free to wear whatever you want
I can't wait to properly meet you
Sebastian

I sighed. I opened the box up. I pulled out a beautiful long red velvet dress. I wasn't so sure if i wanted to meet up with Sebastian but i was dying to wear this dress and pamper myself. I laid the dress out on the bed before heading into the bathroom.

I stripped out of my clothes. I turned on the shower letting the steam fill up the room. I washed my hair and body thoroughly before getting out of the shower. I moisturized my whole body and brushed my hair. I wrapped a silk robe around my body. I did a red makeup look; red sparkly eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and red matte lipstick.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the closet. I untied the robe letting it fall from my shoulder and onto the ground. I grabbed a black thong slipping it on. I stepped into a pair of red sparkly heels before walking back out to the room. I slipped on the dress. It clung perfectly to my body.

There was a knock at my door. I walked over to the door opening it. I looked down to see Abby smiling up at me. I squatted down to her level. "Hi cutie pie."

"Hi Alexa, you look really pretty. Sebbie asked me to bring you to him for dinner." i stood up with a smile. She grabbed my hand and pulled me along. We walked out of the palace and out to a greenhouse in the garden. "Have fun," she said skipping back towards the palace.

I took in a deep breath. I opened the door to the greenhouse. Inside there were flowers from around the world planted in pots around the room. In the middle of the room was a candlelit table with two plates of food. Sebastian was standing next to the table holding a single red rose. I curtsied. "your majesty."

"You don't need to be so formal with me," he said in his sultry deep voice. "You can call me Sebastian." he walked over to me and handed me the rose. I smiled softly as i took it from him. "It's nice to finally meet you, Alexa."

"It's nice to meet you as well, Sebastian."

"Please sit," he said leading me to the table. He pulled my chair out for me letting me sit. He sat down across from me. "The chefs made us Lemon Asparagus Chicken Pasta, hopefully, you like it."

"It looks delicious."

"I see you wore the dress i picked out for you," he said.

"You have good taste."

"I didn't think it was possible but you look even more beautiful than you did at the ball. "You took my breath away that night," he said. I looked down at my lap, not knowing how to respond to his compliments. "I do apologize for that night, when i saw you i lost control. I should have approached you and talked with you, not jump from the balcony like i did."

"It's alright," i said softly.

"I also apologize for how you brought here and how you've been treated."

"Thank you but i actually have been treated quite while i've been here."

"All my people have been instructed to treat you with the same respect as they treat me and my family, i didn't want you to be treated like you were before."

"Like before?" i asked, finally looking back up at him. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You were used as food by those people and-"

"Is that really what you think?" i asked. "They raised me when my parents died. They loved me and protected me my whole life." i stood up. "You took me away from my family and you're trying to act like you saved me? I was happy and now i'm stuck in a foreign country in a palace of vampires."

"Alexa, i-"

"Thank you for dinner but I seem to have lost my appetite. I'm going back to my room."

"Let me walk with you."

"No thank you, your majesty. I'd rather be alone." i turned around and walked out of the greenhouse. I could hear his footsteps following behind me. I looked at him. "I said i wanted to be alone."

"It's not safe for you to be out here by yourself," he said, suddenly next to me. He lightly placed his hand on the small of my back. "Once you're inside, i'll leave you alone. I promise." i nodded. We walked silently back to the palace. When we were inside, he leaned next to my ear. "I didn't mean to upset you."

I stepped away from him. "Good night, your majesty," i said with a curtsy. i walked upstairs to my room. I slammed my door. I kicked off my heels and sat down on my bed putting my head in my hands.

An hour later, there was a knock at my door. I stood up and opened the door. Sebastian stood there holding the plate of food from our dinner. "You didn't eat, i heated your food up for you."

I grabbed the plate from him. "Thank you."

"I'd also like to apologize if you'd let me."

"Would you like to come inside?"

He nodded. I opened the door for him and turned to walk inside. I sat down on my bed setting my plate on my lap. He hesitantly sat down next to me. I started eating. When i was halfway done with my food and he hadn't spoken, i looked at him raising an eyebrow. He not so subtly looked me up and down. "When an unmated human walked into the ball with a family of vampires, i just assumed it was a forced relationship. And when i saw the bite scars on your neck, i thought i was right."

"I allowed Austin to bite me because he needed energy when he was running me across the country, running away from you."

"Alexa, i am sorry for assumptions i made about your family and i am sorry for forcing you to be here but now that you are here." he reached over to me lightly caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. "i don't think i'd be able to let you go."

I grabbed his hand pulling it away from me. "Even if i'd never be with you?"

"I'd rather you hate me forever than lose you forever." he stood up. He leaned down kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes and held my breath as he leaned his forehead against mine. "Good night, mea soare."

***********************************************************************************************
Alexa's dress

***********************************************************************************************Alexa's dress