30

The cell door opened again a few hours later. The young wolf walked in carrying an unconscious girl with long black hair wearing a long shimmery dark purple dress. He carefully laid her down on the ground. He chained her up the same as he did me. He didn't look at me as he left the cell.

She didn't wake up until hours later. Well, i assumed it was hours later. I couldn't tell how much time actually went by in the windowless cell. As her eyes took in her surroundings, she started struggling. Her eyes switched from emerald green to shimmery silver back to emerald green. Fangs different from a vampire's fangs descended from her mouth. "You might hurt yourself," i told her when she didn't stop struggling.

She looked over at me. "You're right," she sighed. "I just hate being chained up."

"Well, hopefully my mate is on his way," i said.

"Who's your mate?" she asked, moving to her knees as she started pulling at the chains.

"Prince Sebastian."

She turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow. "Prince of what?"

"Vampires."

"Oh that's so cool, i've never met a vampire."

"Well if he ever finds us, i'll introduce you two."

She sat back down. "My mate should be on his way too." she slipped off her heels rubbing her ankles and wrists. "So a wolf is working for someone who wants the vampire prince's mate and the alpha witch queen."

"A vampire took me along with the wolf." she went back to tugging at her chains. "You said the witch queen?" she nodded. "You wouldn't happen to know a witch named Liliana would you?"

She turned to look at me. She sat back down on the ground. "Liliana was my mother. How do you know my mother?"

"She put a spell on me when i was a baby to protect me from vampires and keeps me from turning."

"And you're mated to the prince of the vampires, how ironic," she chuckled. I smiled at that realizing just how ironic it really is. "I can lift the spell off of you if we ever get out of here."

I sighed. "I don't think i want you to take the spell off of me," i whispered.

"And why's that?" she asked.

"My parents are dead, they died when i was a baby."

"I'm sorry," she said.

I nodded. "Lun actually showed me that my mom's cousin killed them and not vampires, like i was always led to believe." i sighed. "I want to see my parents again and if that means i have to die then that's okay."

She smiled at me. "My mom recently died, killed by her stepfather. She was incredibly important to me and her dying broke me."

"I'm sorry," i said.

"Thank you," she whispered. "I might have lost my mother but my mother lost her mate centuries earlier. I grew up with a loving supporting mother but i also had to watch her be sad all the time. She was never truly happy. She loved me more than anything, i know that but i could never fill the void left by her mate." she looked down as she fixed her dress. She slipped off her heels setting them to the side. "I don't know you or your mate or your situation but i can tell you that my mother would rather never see me in the afterlife then for me to experience the same pain she went through from losing her mate."

"Do you think my parents would feel the same way?"

She shrugged. "Maybe maybe not. It's your decision whether or not you want to turn. If you ever do want me to life the spell, i will."