16

Sebastian's POV

"My darling i know you have a mate now but that does not mean you can just skip out on your royal duties."

"I'm sorry mother," i said as i sat down across from her. "She asked me to stay with her, i didn't know how to tell her no."

She sighed. "Sebastian, you will be king someday, someday soon."

"I know mother."

"What did you do about the perimeter break?" she asked. Lately she has been having me run the affairs of the palace.

"I increased security on the gates and had Nate and Darrian do a perimeter check."

"And?"

"We found nothing, must have been a false alarm."

Mom shook her head. "It is never a false alarm."

I nodded. "I'll do another check myself right now."

"Come right back." she nodded. I stood up and bowed my head. She smiled. I walked out of the room.

I collected my favorite guards from around the palace and headed to the front door. I froze when i heard a scream. When i heard her scream. I was frozen in my spot as the guards ran past me outside. I recovered and bolted outside. Ambragerias surrounded Darrian and one had a hold of Alexa. "Get the princess."

The guards and i started fighting. I fought a path to Alexa. I watched as the ambergira bit into her. I couldn't get to her in time. She was on the ground, filled with venom. "Oh baby no no no." i picked her limp body up off of the ground. "On me," i yelled to the guards. They quickly surrounded me and protected us as we made our way inside. "Mother!" i screamed once we were inside the palace. I dropped to the ground. Alexa started seizing on the ground. Her eyes rolled backwards. Her heart was beating too fast. Any minute she'd be dead.

"Sebastian!" mom yelled as she ran towards us. "What happened?"

"Ambrageria's broke the perimeter, one of them bit her." mom kneeled down beside me. She touched her cheek. "Mom please, I can't do it, i'll turn her if i do it."

She nodded. She looked down at a still seizing Alexa. i held Alexa's hand close to my face. mom leaned down and sunk her teeth into her neck. A scream broke through her lips. It pained me to watch Alexa in so much pain. It took mom several minutes to extract all the venom from Alexa's body. Mom finally pulled away from Alexa. "She'll be in a lot of pain."

I nodded. Alexa went limp in my arms. "It hurts," she whimpered.

"I know, i know. I'm so sorry." i stood up with her still in my arms. i walked us upstairs to my bedroom. i climbed into bed holding her close to me. I kissed the side of her head. "My scent should help you in some way."

I held her closer to me. She laid against my chest.  i found myself rocking her in my lap. "What happened?" she whispered.

"There was an Ambrageria attack on the palace."

"I thought Ambrageria's were a myth?"

"No my love they're very real." A vampire can come into existence in three ways. A natural born vampire is the child of two vampires and stop aging at twenty one. A mated vampire is when a human is turned by their vampire mate. An ambrageria is created when a human is turned by someone who is not their mate. Because their soul is not bonded with another they lose all humanity and become a slave to the vampire that turned them. "The turning of humans into Ambrageria's was outlawed centuries ago but i suppose someone did it in secret."